1. Welcome To Hell

Well here I was. I stood outside the massive main doors of my new school. I looked back to see my step-father speedily driving away without so much of a goodbye. Stuff him... who needs a caring parent anyways? I smoothed my slightly-above-my-shoulder length black hair and pushed open the doors. I was glad that the entrance of the boarding school was the reception area so I didn't have to face any kids yet. I grabbed my small suitcase and walked up to the lady in reception. 

"Hi, I'm Kellin Quinn. I'm starting school here today." I told her.

She beamed at me as if I had just offered a million dollars plus free sex. "Hello!" she replied enthusiastically. She reached up and shook my hand wildly. Wow, she sure had a lot of energy for a 50 year old lady. "You'll love it here! Oh yes you will, sweetie."

I simply nodded in response. 

"Just head over there to that room. That's the principles office. He'll settle you in." she beamed. 

"Okay Thanks." I replied quietly, I was a bit in shock from her overly sweet welcome.

I headed across the large office area towards the principles office. I knocked on the door and was replied with a 'come in'. 

"Hi, I'm Kellin Quinn. I'm a new student." I told him. 

"Hi Kellin. It's great to meet you, I'm the principle of Verona Music Academy, Mr Fuentes." he told me warmly. He was dressed professionally, except for the fact he had a quirky blue bow tie. He was a bit fuller around the middle and had a distinctive moustache, making me think that he looked a bit Mexican. 

"Hi." was all I replied.

"I'm so glad you've accepted our offer, I'm confident you'll feel at home in no time." he told me. "Refresh my memory, what's your music speciality again?" 

"Singing." 

"Ah Thats correct, I remember now. How could I forget an angelic voice like yours." he said.

I raised my eyebrows exasperately and nodded. Right. Mr Fuentes felt the awkwardness hanging in the room so he cleared his throat and handing me some papers.

"Here's your schedule, planner, some handguides and your keys. Your room is on your schedule." he told me.

I mumbled a thanks and stood up, wanting to get out of the room as quickly as possible.

"Thanks Mr Fuentes, I'll see you around." I shook his hand and quickly left the room.

I walked past the eager receptionist and I could feel her smiling at me, burning a hole into the side of my face. 

Wow. All of a sudden, I could hear the excited chattering of students everywhere. According to the map I was in one of the main corridors with the maths classrooms located here. It was lunch time, so I could hear students rushing out of classes keen to meet up with their friends. I was so lost. The school was honestly massive, and I had no idea how to get to my room. The papers in my hands were nearly knocked out of my hands as someone ran into me. 

"Oh shit man, sorry!" the guy said. He noticed my suitecase and asked, "Oh are you new here?"

I nodded.

The guy smiled warmly, "I'm Justin Hills."

I shook his hand and replied, "Kellin Quinn."

"You seem lost, looking for your room?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I have no idea where to go." I replied with a smile.

"Woah shit!" he suddenly exclaimed after looking at my planner. "Oh my god! You're our new room mate and we have some classes together."

I was glad to know at least one person in my class. "Oh thats awesome." I replied.

"This school is great, you'll love it here. No parents, theres girls everywhere, we have parties all the time. Though we have to make it to class most of the times." he told me as he led me to our room.

He explained that there were two sections to the school, the classrooms and the 'student' half. The classroom half was pretty much the school and the library. The student half were our dorms, the cafetaria, the pool, the commonrooms, and the living quarters which was in the heart of the student building.

I got so many stares from other kids and I got to admit I was a bit nervous. "Well here we are. Welcome to your new home." he said as he pushed open the door to our room. The room was fairly decent, and it  had two double beds, a big closet and that was pretty much it. I could sense that we weren't meant to spend a lot of times in our rooms.

"You can take that bed," Justin pointed at the made-up bottom bunk on the left.

"Who are the other guys?" I asked him.

"Vic and Mike, they're brothers. They both have the top bunks." he explained.

"You're lucky you get to start classes tomorrow. I have to get going, I have Literature." he said and he made a face. "Take a look around the school. See ya!"

Finally he left, and silence welcomed me. It was quiet and I could assume that was because everyone was in the school building. I walked out of my room and walked into the hallway. There were rooms everywhere along the hallway. I made my way to the living quarters which was on the second floor of the building. It was a massive space filled with couches, a large tv, book shelves, a kicthen area and tables. This was the living quarter that my dorm shared with a few others. I took a seat on the couch and watched tv to pass time. 

The bell rang and I guessed that school was over. Justin found me and he led me to the cafeteria. There were a lot of students sitting in groups and eating together. They all stared at me as I walked in. Justin greeted a lot of people and I could tell he was quite popular.

We waited in line when all of a sudden there was a silence. A guy around my age walked in followed by a few other kids. The guy was tanned and had slightly wavy that stopped just above his shoulders. He wore a white patterned singlet and red shorts. He wore a snapback and seemed to be skinny yet muscular. He looked a little bit hispanic. 

It was evident that he held the king throne at school with the way people looked at him. Everyone continued chatting again when it seemed like he wasn't going to pick on anyone. Girls look at him in idolisation, and I could hear a girl commenting on how 'hot' he looked. The other half of the majority glanced at him in fear, hoping not to become the victim of the day.

"Who's that?" I asked Justin.

"That's Vic." he replied.

I watched Vic as he walked towards me and I got to admit, I got a bit nervous. Without even glancing at me and Justin who were CLEARLY at the very front of the line, Vic just skipped the whole lunch queue and pushed in front of us.

"Excuse me." I said, tapping Vic's shoulder.

I could hear Justin whispering 'Oh God no.' and the lunch room was silent all again as all eyes were cast on us.

Vic turned towards me, and muttered, "What."

It didn't even sound like a question. Who does this dickhead think he is?

"Hey, you pushed in. We were in front of you." I told him exasperately.

He looked at me and raised his eyebrow in amusement. He looked pretty good right here, right now as he stood less than a ruler-length away from me. Enough distance to punch me within, I guess. He was shorter than me, which is what I didn't really expect.

"Why don't you fuck off," he told me in a hushed tone, starting to become a bit annoyed.

I scoffed. "You fucking Mexican, don't talk to me like that."

And with that remark, Vic punched me hard. In the eye.