18. And Would You Wake Me Up In The Middle Of The Night

Blood pumped through my veins at 1000 miles an hour as I gazed across the crowd through the small gap in the curtain. People stood up in their seats cheering along as 'Fall Out Boy' performed. Patrick's soulful voice echoed throughout the hall, raising goosebumps on everybody's skin. I could feel the nerve's getting to me as my band was next.

"How you feeling, Kellin?" Brandon asked from behind me. I gave him a small smile and we walked away from the curtain to where the rest of our band was.

"I'm nervous." I told him honestly.

He smiled and rubbed my back reassuringly, "You'll be fine, you'll be fine. Remember we're all on stage with you."

I nodded just as the music on the stage came to an end. There was a mindblowing applause as the crowd went crazy. I could hear Patrick's saying, "Thank you guys! You've been amazing! Have a good one!" 

We all looked at each other nervously, knowing that it was time for us to perform. I looked to the other side of the backstage area to where was Vic's band warming up. Vic was jumping up and down on the spot, getting himself pumped up. We carried our instruments and headed to the supervising teacher standing behind the curtain. Patrick and his band walked out from the other side of the curtain, sweat drenching their faces.

"Hey man!" I said to Patrick as he walked past, gripping him by the shoulders, "You guys sounded amazing!"

"Naw thanks." he replied humbly, "Kill em out there."' He told me with a grin.

"Sleeping With Sirens?" the teacher asked us. We nodded as he ushered us towards the stage. I swear I stopped breathing when I saw the massive crowd watching us. It was like the whole school was here. It was so packed that I couldn't even see the back row.

"Hey everyone!" our replacement bassist named Tim yelled into the microphone causing the audience the roar back in excitement. "We're a newly formed band called Sleeping With Sirens. I hope you enjoy!" Tim looked at me and I nodded as he started the song with the bass line. It was one of the most terrifying moments of my life, singing in front of such a big crowd. Well it was my first time as well as this was my first band I've ever been in. After the first 30 seconds of the song, my nervousness eluded me and I was overcome with a newly found confidence. The crowd burst into a loud cheer as we finished our performance. We yelled our thanks and bounced off the stage, adrenanlin pounding through us.

As we entered the backstage area we high fived each other and received compliments from other performers. I felt two arm's snake themself across my waist from behind me. I looked at the strong tan arms and instantly knew who it was. I smiled as I spun around and was met by a kiss from Vic.

"God, you're perfect." he whispered to me as we kissed again. I was feeling so pumped from the performance that our innocent kiss nearly became a make out session in front of everyone. "You were amazing." he told me, as he broke apart from my lips, guitar in hand.

"Good luck!" I called out and he gave me a smile as he joined his band at the curtain. I looked at the drummer that Vic had found. He was some tall lanky looking guy, reminding myself of Mike, but if Vc had faith in this guy then he should be good. As they dissapeared behind the curtain, the sound of girls screaming filled the hall. 

"Who do you think'll win?" Jesse asked us as Pierce The Veil, the last act of the night, began playing. We sat on the floor against the wall, all of us equally tired. 

"Pierce The Veil?" Gabe suggested, "Donno, they've always won though." I looked ahead of me and noticed Tay Jardine staring at me, her eyes giving me a look of disgust. Her band was one of the first to perform and I gotta admit that they were pretty good. I looked away from her as the music outside began to die down. Vic's band entered the backstage area and were praised with compliments.