11. Rock A Bye Baby In The Treetop

Black bruises surrounded my eyes and it was so obvious that I didn't even bother to try to cover it up. It hurt so fucking bad. I felt like shit. I was in the locker bay again, getting books for the day. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I feared that maybe the nightmares were about to come back again; however I was still on meds so I quickly dismissed that thought. I felt like I only had two hours of sleep and I probably did. I was so tired, I couldn't even open my eyes wide.

I didn't even notice that I walked past Vic's group; I was just that exhausted. As I entered the classroom I noticed that they didn't even taunt me or yell at me. Or perhaps they just didn't notice me. That was probably correct. As usual, people stared at the bruise surrounding my eye as if they've never seen someone with battle marks. Yes they were my battle marks. The teacher finally came in and the  longest class of my life began.

"Mr Quinn!" the teacher roared. I flinched and woke up, not even realising that I was asleep this whole time. He glared at me fmor the front of the classroom, his pissed off eyes glaring into mine. 

"You. Do. NOT. Sleep in my class!" he exclaimed, his face turning into an angry shade of red. "Detention."

DETENTION???!!!!! THIS WAS NOT FAIR! I was going to argue back but I was just too tired, I really couldn't be bothered. I rolled my eyes as he handed me the yellow detention slip and I just really couldn't give a shit.

-

I walked into detention, ready to fall asleep right there on the spot. To my not so surprising surprise, guess who else was in the room. Vic. He looked up at me in slight shock and smirked casually. I looked away in annoyance and concentrated on the teacher. 

"It's just youse twos, today." he told us. He threw a pair of keys to Vic and said, "You know the routine."

Vic flashed him a smile and nodded. He motioned for me to follow him as he left the room. 

"So I'm guessing you've been a bad boy," Vic cooed, with a cheeky smile. 

"Shut up." I muttered, not wanting to really talk to anyone and especially not him. He didn't reply and kept walking through the hallway until we got to the janitors closet. He opened it and got out buckets, gloves and cloths.

"Don't tell me we have to clean windows." I muttered. 

"No shit sherlock." he replied back.

I followed him outside to the back of the classrooms. The windows were filthy here. 

"Get to it." he told me.

I sighed and filled the bucket up with water. He started getting to work and I was just entranced by him working. It didn't help that he has quite a nice body. I watched as his muscles flexed as he wiped the window. He began to grin and then I realised that he knew that I was watching him.

"If my sexy body is too much for you then maybe you should just take a seat." he teased.

I instantly blushed. Oh god. He probably thinks I've got the hots for him. I got to work and we ended up finishing all the windows outside in an hour. He didn't say much to me and neither did I. 

"There are cobwebs in your hair." Vic whispered in my ear as we were walking back inside.

I instantly freaked and jumped in fear. "What the fuck! Are you serious?"

He nodded at me with a slight smile but that was enough to cause me running in to the closest bathroom. I looked in the mirror and sure enough I could see something in my hair. Vic came in as well, his face with that annoying smirk plastered all over it.