Introduction to Royalty

Tori's POV

Once dressed in the ball gown Keenan gave me, he looked me in the eyes and tucked a loose strand of hair behind an ear- gently taking my right arm and leading me through the door he opened. I gulped as everyone in the large apartment turned and looked at the two of us, bowing and curtsying. I kept my face carefully blank and my chin high as Keenan led me to a pair of thrones.

We both sat down on our respective thrones and Keenan cleared his throat. The music immediately stopped and everyone rose.

"Today, we are gathered here to welcome Tori Fervens- my soulmate and your Summer Queen!" he bellowed.

There were cheers from the court and polite claps from newcomers who had just walked into the apartment.

"As in tradition, on the Summer Solstice, my Queen and I will wed- and she will take the formal name Queen Victoria Aestas. A new era is about to begin! There will be permanent health and prosperity for the Summer Court! Now, to celebrate!" he yelled, grinning from ear to ear. He stood up from his throne and in front of me, grabbed my hand and pulled me onto my feet, I yelped and the two of us gliding to the middle of the dance floor. I let a grin crack through my emotionless mask as Keenan spun me around the room.

I was barley even aware of the happy and approving looks of the court people, or the couples swirling around us. Keenan pulled me into a dip and back into his chest and I giggled. He smirked and nibbled at my earlobe, earning more giggles from me.

What the fuck are you doing?! GIGGLING!!? Tori Fervens does not giggle! Stop it right now!

My mind was screaming profanities at me- telling me not to give in to Keenan's infuriating perfection, he was everything that I had always looked for in a guy... but he was a fairy. I'm a fairy too now though- it shouldn't matter.

Keenan seemed to notice my inner debate and looked at me softly- not stopping the dance.

"This is natural. The Summer Court is about frivolity, and impulses. Let it all in. Enjoy life and it's treasures." he smiled softly, almost encouragingly.

I bit my lip and looked around at the court. I looked at Keenan again. His hands at my waist while mine were around his shoulders.

"I..." I paused. "I've made my choice"

I leaned my head on his chest and Keenan grinned; spinning me, and with a final dip he pulled me to his lips- crashing them into mine. We stopped dancing as I curled my fingers in his hair. There were claps and giggles coming from the Summer Girls as we pulled away- my face red as a tomato from embarrassment, and Keenan's skin literally glowing with pride.

He moved his right hand from my waist and held my right hand- his left staying at my waist, while I covered his hand with my left. We slowly made our way back to the thrones, sitting down with my right hand holding his left.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I had been harassed, attacked, kidnapped and confused. But strangely, for the first time in years, I felt happy. I looked around at the Summer Court. My Court. I then looked back at Keenan. Correction- Our Court.

I smiled.

I was home.

----------------------------------------

Yay! It's done! Sorry it's so short guys! I'm sort of at a writers block so the next thing I post will probably be a suggestions chapter, so please reply to that when it comes up.

Until then, please

Fan,

Check out my other stories

and,

VOMMENT!

luv you all...

BlackAmber