16 | To Drown Her Sorrows

16
Eclipse
T o   D r o w n   H e r   S o r r o w s

SURPRISINGLY ENOUGH, ADELE did not regret her promise to Alice. Planning the capacious party took her mind off of the silver wolf that was most probably lurking in the woods right now, at least, it did for a little whiles

Alice, Jasper, and Adele sat amongst scattered photos, lists, and party-planning catalogues which littered the carpeted floor of their bedroom. Unlike Adele's black and white accented room, their room was black and royal blue – Alice's personality transfigured into a room.

"Streamers!" Alice chirped and took the notepad Jasper handed her. He only took part in the planning and the girly cataloguing because he loved her and she enjoyed it. Adele envied that – that was love.  "We need streamers!"

Unable to help herself, Adele repeatedly glanced out of the glass walls and into the shadowed forest below. Emmett, Esme, and Carlisle went hunting in the mountains an hour ago and the couple figured she was waiting for them when really, her curiosity took advantage of her.  She was still set on her previous decision about Paul Lahote because she wasn't ready for another relationship. It was bizarre. There she sat, stressing over the those hrwhen she hadn't even seen him in his human form, much less spoken to him.

"What do you think? Yellow streamers? Blue?"

Adele composed herself and turned to her, "Multicolored."

She grinned, "I like the way you think." Their ears perked up to the sound of the television as someone turned the volume up downstairs. Jasper helped them up like the gentleman he was and they made they way to the living room to see everyone walking in. Adele crossed her arms and leaned against the sofa facing the flat screen.

"Turn it up, Em." said Alice as she sat on the armrest beside to him. Emmett flipped the volume up some more and they all tuned into the nightly breaking news.

"Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances." Carlisle and Adele exchanged furtive glances – these attacks were the works of newborn vampires, of an army. Just then, Edward and Bella entered the living room and joined everyone. "Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer."

Emmett turned and grinned at Bella, "Look who survived the dog park." she rolled her eyes, "Need something for those flea bites?"

"I'm good, thanks." she quipped.

Edward furrowed his eyebrows at the images of the missing adolescent and adults on the screen. "Seattle?"

"It's getting worse." Carlisle sighed. Bella recognized one of the missing people as Riley Beers – he was originally from Forks. Charlie was working tirelessly to find out what happened to him and now that she knew the real reason, she knew he'd never figure it out. "We're going to have to do something."

"I still haven't had any visions about who's doing this." Alice muttered.

Emmett clapped his hands together, "So we track him down and kick their blood thirsty asses." he stood, "Let's go now. I'm bored as hell."

"Emmett!" Rosalie smacked the back of his head with a rolled up magazine.

"She's such a pessimist." he mumbled, earning him another hard whack.

"...the number of deaths and disappearances are rising at an unsteady rate." The news reporter continued, "There is connection between any of the victims."