47 | Farewell Dear Children

47
Breaking Dawn  [Pt.2]
F a r e w e l l   D e a r  C h i l d r e n

THE VERY NEXT morning, everyone apart from Bella, Edward, Adele, and the children had packed and readied themselves to go on their separate ways so that they could gather witnesses. Renesmee and Max played quietly in the living room as everyone aside from Alice and Jasper, who'd apparently left already, gathered in the living room for a final meeting.

"At least we get to go to London again." Esme smiled bittersweetly at Carlisle who adoringly wrapped his arms around her. They were heading to London, then Egypt, to seek out his friend Amun."We haven't been there in a long time."

Tension was thick in the air again as this time, it was the life of a little girl hanging in the balance.

"All right." Emmett clapped his hands and grabbed his duffel bag. He and Rose were off to seek out Carlisle's wartime friend, Garrett. "Let's get this show on the road."

Adele, Edward, and Bella saw everyone out of the house and onto the front deck. As they began to bid each other farewell, they noticed Sam and Paul walk towards them. The Treaty was voided after Jacob imprinted on Renesmee and since the circumstances concerning Renesmee and the Volturi arose. While things were still tense, they weren't hostile.

Adele walked down the steps and Sam handed her a slip of paper which she already knew was coming. "Alice asked me to give you that. She and Jasper crossed our lands to the ocean last night."

After briefing her eyes over it, she she faked solemnity and handed the slip of paper to Carlisle.

"Carlisle?" Esme asked fearfully. They all thought it was odd that Alice and Jasper left them without a goodbye.

He sighed. "They've left us."

"Why?" Rosalie questioned, her voice cracking. She didn't want to believe that they could do that.

"She didn't say."

"Can I see that?" Bella inquired and Carlisle handed her the slip of paper to her. She read it to herself with furrowed eyebrows and when she looked up, she caught the furtive look that Adele gave her once she finished reading the note. She knew at once that the wise Cullen was behind it.

Once again, Adele Cullen was going to save everyone. This time, however, was different, for she was plotting something, something big. Bella felt reassured that she was helping. A mutual understanding passed between them as she tucked the note into her pocket and Adele turned away.

Gather as many witnesses as you
can before the snow sticks to the
ground. That's when they'll come.
-Alice

Everything was going according to Adele's plan.

•       •       •       •       •       •

Later that same day, Paul stuck around long enough to catch Adele alone. He pulled her into the nearest empty room in the Cullen house and shut the door while Bella and Edward watched over the three children in the living room.

"You know something." He stated blatantly in a hushed whisper.

"I know a great many things."

"You know what I mean. I saw your face when Sam gave you Alice's note." He clarified. Her faux surprise may have fooled everyone else, but not him. He knew her too well. "What's going on?"