Chapter 22

Shion couldn't remember it. He couldn't remember anything. One moment, the pale haired boy was sobbing on Ruki's shoulder. The next moment he was cowering in a corner as Ruki's body laid around the room.

Whatever was left of his body anyways.

There was nothing to be found. No body to tell that it had been Ruki, but the blood was everywhere. Chunks of meat littered the ground here and there.

Shion couldn't have done this. There was no way; but yet, he was covered in blood. His blood splattered hair covered his one missing eye and blood soiled his hands. He couldn't move. He didn't want to breathe. It smelled horrible.

His body was shaking and his one eye was wide in fear; and all he could keep telling himself, was that this wasn't him who did this.

Someone kneeled down in front of him, but Shion didn't know who it was; or at least he didn't want to know.

However, when he looked at the man, it was his brother. The one male that always stood by him, no matter what Shion did.

Shion was so scared. Subaru was trying to speak to him, but Shion couldn't hear him. Eventually, he felt himself being lifted and cowered in the person's arms. All he knew, was that this person wasn't Subaru. Subaru was standing next to them.

As they walked, Shion looked at the mess he left behind and mumbled his words. "I'm sorry.."

Shion didn't know who this person was that was carrying him or even why they did it in the first place. He was simply grateful that they were taking him away from the horrid scene. The horrible scene that Shion himself had created.

They kept walking. Shion didn't know for how long, but it felt like forever. Subaru had vanished and it was just him and the person who carried him. Yet, he felt so alone. It was dark. There was nothing to be seen around him, behind him, or even ahead of him.

There was nothing.

It was scary, but at the same time, so peaceful. He didn't care where he was going. At this point it was hard to care for what he did.

So, Shion closed his eyes and let the silence surround him. He let himself be engulfed by it. Then eventually, he himself fell into a dark silence.

~~~~~

"Shion..Shion!" He could hear his voice being called.

His eyes slowly opened and he sat up with a yawn. The realization hit him and he quickly looked around in terror, his free hand going up to the missing eye.

The missing eye that somehow happened to still be there.

Shion's eyes widened as he looked at the person on the edge of the bed.

It was his father.

Shion quickly jumped up and looked into a mirror.

His hair was back to its normal brown color, there was absolutely no fangs, and his bright blue eyes were still there. What the hell was going on?

"Shion.. What's gotten in to you? You look like you've just seen a ghost!" Shion's father walked behind him and looked into the mirror. "What are you looking for?"

"Dad.. What the hell?" Shion quickly turned around to look at his father. "Why am I here?"

His father raised an eyebrow. "What? What do you mean? You're at home. You've been sleeping for awhile. What's gotten in to you?" His father felt his forehead.

Shion quickly slapped his hand away and backed up a bit. "What do you mean?"

His father rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, we were about to get you in the car, but then you fell and hit your head pretty hard on the car door. You passed out for awhile, so we brought you up here."

"Where was I going?"

"Don't you remember? You're going to live with that other family of yours."

~End of Book One.~