Chapter 1

It was the first day of school at Miami Palmetto Senior High School and for Lauren, Camila, Normani, Dinah, and Ally, the 2012/2013 school year was going to be unforgettable. The five girls have been best friends since elementary school when they all met in after school day care meaning they had to stay after school till they were picked up by their parents.

    It all started when Ally was a fourth grader who liked to help little second grader, Camila, who used to live in Cuba and Mexico, with her english and handwriting. Lauren and Normani, who were both third graders, were already friends but one day invited Ally and Camila to play a game of twister with them. Ever since then, they hit it off and always had play dates. Dinah didn't come around till she was in fifth grade when she moved from Santa Ana, CA to Miami. She was put into the same class as Camila and partnered with her for a project. Camila then befriended Dinah, introducing her to the girls. She also had her other friends Marielle and Sandra Guzman but her four best friends were her absolute mains.

    Still to this day in high school, they remained close and haven't got sick of each other yet. The girls weren't very popular but weren't on the bottom of the food chain either, just in the middle with their other friends too. Sure they've always hung out together but they all had individual personalities and interests they partook in.

    Normani was on a local dance team; Dinah was in every school play or musical and sang at concerts with her family; Lauren was a tad more popular being on the soccer and softball team but had a secret artistic side to her too; Camila was a writer for the school newspaper who also had a passion for music but didn't show it as much; and Ally was also a lover for singing as well as a member of the celibacy and church groups. The five friends loved their hobbies but they always united together in music. The girls were all talented with exceptional voices and loved to sing together whenever they could. Music was very important to each and every one of them as they had favorite bands and artists who they were inspired by. Lauren always had her guitar handy, Ally could play the piano and sing opera, and Camila could also play the guitar but let Lauren play it most of the time. They weren't a band or anything, they just liked to sing songs for fun and harmonize.

    Over the summer, they went on their annual camping trip and every night would sing songs and have campfire jam sessions. It was a blast. Now, they were back at school again with Lauren and Normani being Juniors, Ally being a Senior, and Camila and Dinah both being Sophomores.

    "Hey, DJ, Mani, Allysus, Camz," Lauren smiled walking up to the girls at their lockers.

    "Hey, Ralph," Dinah greeted as well as the other girls.

    "What classes do you have?" They all exchanged schedules and noticed that they all shared little to no classes together except for Dinah and Camila as they were both in the same grade and Normani and Lauren sharing their grade too.

    "Dang, I don't have like any classes with y'all," Ally moped.

    "Well, you are a senior, Ally," Camila chuckled.

    "True. Good thing we all have first lunch together. I'll see y'all then!" the shortest waved and went off to her first class.

    "We have first period together, Mani," Lauren smiled.

    "Yeah let's go!" Normani exclaimed and walked together with her fellow classmate. Just as they were walking down the hallway, someone bumped into Lauren.

    "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry," a girl apologized and bent down to grab her books.

    "No no, It's no problem," Lauren chuckled at the beautiful brunette and helped her pick up what fell. "I-I uh don't think I've seen you around before," she stuttered and peered into the girl's brown eyes.