Chapter 21

Lauren's POV

The girls and I and all our parents this time were finally back in LA today after a month and it was definitely more exciting than ever before. This time, we got more hotel rooms already paid for which was a major upgrade and free car and food service all from Simon Cowell himself. The parents got their own rooms with one bed and us girls had two rooms with two queen sized beds. So, Dinah, Ally, and Normani were going to have one room an Camila and I were going to have the other.

One of the first things we did when we got here this morning was meet Simon and it was honestly an out of body experience. And the fact that he said that since his group contestants on The X Factor unfortunately all got voted off, he would have loved to mentor us, genuinely meant the world to us. He said he loved our videos and was happy that we were going to be guest performers on the show. It was really exciting that we would get to perform for him as well and that maybe he would want to sign us to his label. So, we're really hoping for that. But either way, just being known by him and also the other judges was surreal and practically everything we've been dreaming of.

Later in the day, we got to go to where The X Factor was being filmed and meet the other judges and contestants who we would watch later that night on the show. I was rooting for Carly Rose Sonenclar. It was all fun especially getting to meet Demi Lovato and Britney Spears who I've looked up to for so long as well as the other girls. And when we found out One Direction was going to be performing on the finale too, Camila freaked out since we would get to meet them. I freaked out too not gonna lie.

Since we found out

Since we found out

That anything could happen

Anything could happen

Anything could

"We sound so good!" I cheered as we finished running through the song in Normani, Ally, and Dinah's room. We had just come back from dinner and were getting ready for bed since we were going to have a big day tomorrow.

"Wow, guys, this is gonna be so crazy," Normani sighed.

"I can't wait for it but I'm still kind of nervous," Dinah said with a concerned expression.

"We've rehearsed this song a million times, we've done it on TV, we've done it in front of many people. We're ready for this, guys. We sound amazing and we're going to do amazing," I encouraged with a smile.

"Lauren's right," Ally added. "We've worked so hard on this song for so many weeks and tomorrow is when we're going to show it to America and show who we are."

"We're gonna kill it," Camila grinned.

"Yeah, so think positive thoughts and get a good night sleep," I said and Camila and I headed back to our own room.

"So, you really do think we're ready?" Camila asked softly once we were back in.

"Yeah, I—" I turned around and immediately cracked up at what Camila was wearing. It was a pink onesie with red slippers, and her hair was wrapped up in a pink towel from the shower. "Camz, oh my gosh!" I laughed.

"What?" she asked confused.

"I just love your pajamas," I chuckled.

"Oh, thanks," she laughed, looking down.

"It's picture worthy, hold on," I grabbed my phone and took a picture of her adorableness. "You're so cute!" I squealed.

"Are you gonna post that?" she asked, looking at my phone with me.