Chapter 16

Lauren's POV

"So, Demi Lovato DM'd you for you guys to perform on The X Factor?" Keana questioned as we were both doing homework in her room.

"Yeah and on the finale," I grinned from ear to ear.

For the past few days after receiving the DM from the famous singer herself, the girls and I were in shambles and completely stunned. Demi Lovato invited us to be guest performers on the season finale of The X Factor! They wanted us to sing our cover of "Anything Could Happen" since I guess the video of the Ellen performance was going viral. I mean, it did have over 10 million views which was unbelievable and since then, our channel and social media followers grew tremendously. Each video of ours had just around 800,000 views and the "Impossible" video had about 1.5 million. Life was becoming more hectic and we were still trying to absorb it all.

Since contacting The X Factor and getting the information about our guest performance, we decided to change it up a little bit. We were going to slightly rearrange the song, add to our outfits, and choreography. The show was on December 19th, meaning we had about 5 weeks to rehearse which was thankfully plenty of time. And since we already performed it a lot, it should be a breeze. But then again, it would be live on national TV, in front of a larger audience, and celebrities such as Simon Cowell, LA Reid, Demi Lovato, and Britney Spears. Some of the biggest names in the music industry. We were so grateful that Demi loved our cover of "Give Your Heart A Break" and gave us this very special opportunity. We weren't well established at all...we were singers on Youtube and it's not like The X Factor is giving out free performances to randoms of the street like us right now. We had to step up our game and really show America who we were. Hopefully it will open even more doors for us.

"That's...so...great," she mumbled.

"Babe, don't worry it's not for another 5 weeks and after I leave and do the performance, I'll always come back," I smirked kindly at her.

"Promise?" she grabbed my hand.

"Promise," I kissed the back of her hand and then shut my book. "Alright, so we're finished?"

"Yeah, that was the last problem," she closed her math book as well.

"Okay, cool then I'll see you later?" I got up from the bed.

"Wait, you're not staying?" she frowned.

"Uh...no actually I had plans with Camila. The new One Direction album is out and she wants to play it for me," I chuckled at my friend's crazy but cute fan girlness.

"Why?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

I shrugged, "It's just something we do sometimes. Listen to music together and play each other new music. It's fun," I grinned.

"Are you going to her house?"

"Yeah?"

"Just be careful around her," she warned.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You know what I mean," she sighed in annoyance.

"No, I don't know what you mean. Camila and I have literally been best friends since we were little kids," I defended.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to protect you."

"By telling me to be careful around my best friend? No offense but I think I know more about Camila than you, Keana," I said.

"Then you know how she looks at you?" she folded her arms.

"Looks at me? What?" I was bewildered.