Chapter 18

Camila's POV

It was already Wednesday of the next week and I had still yet to confront Lauren about what happened on Friday. It's not like I wasn't trying or avoiding because trust me I tried. It's just that she was with Keana all the time and I couldn't get her alone. We were finally having rehearsal tonight so she would be by herself but I was also still nervous. I knew what I wanted to say to her but it's not the easiest thing in the world to talk about this stuff with your long time best friend. Feelings may or may not be confessed but I couldn't rest until we at least talked about it.

Just then, I saw Lauren enter school...alone? Finally, this could be my chance.

"Hey, Laur," I walked over to her locker.

"Hey, Camz," she grinned radiantly.

"Hey, um I know this week has been super busy already but can I talk to you about something?" I asked as she was finishing up grabbing her books.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Hey, baby," Keana sauntered over, pushing herself in between Lauren and I.

"Hey," Lauren greeted softly. "Uh, Camz, you were saying?" she said, nudging her girlfriend out of the way until Keana cozied up to her.

"You know, I'll just catch up with you later," I said since our moment was obviously ruined. For fucks sake, why couldn't Keana just evaporate into the air?

"Are you sure?" she asked with pleading eyes. It looked like she probably wanted me to save her from her girlfriend's wrath but what was I supposed to do?

"Yeah, it's fine. I gotta go to class," I nodded, ignoring Keana's death stare.

"Well, alright," she shrugged disappointedly. "I'll talk to you later," she smiled, making my heart flutter.

"Honey, why don't you save me my favorite seat next to you and I'll meet you in there shortly?" Keana requested from Lauren.

She just walked away after Keana pulled her in for a kiss. I rolled my eyes and began to leave myself but Keana stopped me, turning me around by my arm.

"What do you think you're doing, Cabello?" she confronted me with a scowl.

"Excuse me?" my eyes squinted.

"Cut the shit, chipmunk girl. Why are you so over Lauren? And why the fuck do you want to speak with her alone?" she pestered, pushing me into the lockers.

"Why do you want to know?" I fired back, mildly scared. Okay, I was terrified.

"Uh, because she's my girlfriend? I have to know these things."

"No, you don't," I gave her a glare, now gaining confidence. "Lauren's not your pet that you own and can just order around. She's a person who deserves respect and lately you've not been showing that to her. Actually, you never showed that to her."

"Excuse me? Don't tell me what to do with my girlfriend," she argued.

"It's just being a decent human being," I fought.

"You're just jealous that Lauren's mine," she smirked devilishly. "I know about your little school girl crush on her." Okay, that caught me off guard.

"W-wait, what?" I stuttered.

"I'm not an idiot. I watch your guys' videos and come on, you can't keep your eyes off her. I mean, I know she's hot but please...give it up. She'd never go for a pitiful loser like you especially when she has me."

"You're acting ridiculous. Lauren's been my best friend for over 9 years. You can't tell me what to do with my best friend," I defended.

"Doesn't matter what relationship you have with her. It's what relationship you want to have that I have a problem with. You're so pathetic. You want her but sorry, sweetie, you can't," she smirked. "Damn, she was amazing in my bed last night. Sorry, you'll never know what it's like with her. You never ever will," she inched close to my face and it took everything in me to not slap her and run away.