Chapter 11

Lauren's POV

Everything was now okay with all five of the girls. Our plan was brilliant. But something just caught my eye that had me worried. I was scrolling through my email and saw that I was sent something unusual. I clicked on it and read an email that was sent from the producers of a very famous talk show called none other than Ellen. My eyes shot wide and mouth went agape. I checked to see if this was actually real and it for sure was. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Guys, pause the movie!" I demanded.

"What's wrong?" Camila asked and hurriedly paused it.

"I think Ellen just emailed us," I showed them my phone screen, covering my mouth with my hand.

"What!?" the girls all yelped.

"Is this real?!" Dinah took my phone, scrutinizing it.

"I-I think. I mean who would send a fake email to us claiming they're Ellen's producers?" I questioned.

"What does it say?" Normani asked.

"It says that Ellen wants us on the show!" Dinah jumped.

"What?!" Camila and Ally jumped as well.

"Mija?" Camila's mom knocked on the door.

"Hi, Mama," Camila smiled opening the door up to her mother.

"Oh hello, girls, I didn't know you were coming over," Sinu said.

"Oh yeah, they surprised me too but, Mama, look!" Camila showed the phone to her mom.

"What's that say?" she squinted at the screen.

"This is from the producers at Ellen like the Ellen Degeneres! She's inviting us to appear on the show!" she exclaimed.

"The Ellen?!" Sinu was shocked.

"Yes!" Camila jumped up and hugged her mom.

"That's incredible! When is it?!"

"Um. November 1st."

"That's less than three weeks away," I claimed.

"And we're performing?" Normani asked.

"That's what they want us to do," Camila nodded.

"Oh God that's huge," I breathed.

"That is. But are you guys up for it?" Sinu questioned. We all stayed silent till we all shouted a big yes.

_______________________

The next day we called the producers of Ellen's phone number and they indeed told us this wasn't a prank and that Ellen has invited us to perform on her show. We cried for at least an hour at the exciting news. We immediately stressed about what we were going to perform and what we would wear. The producers told us we could sing anything we wanted so we brainstormed a few songs. Since this had to be kept a secret from the public, we couldn't ask our fans which song we should sing, making it harder to come up with ideas.

The girls and I spent hours all day coming up with song suggestions. Good thing I didn't have a soccer game today because we were at Camila's house from dawn till dusk. It was 7:00 pm and we had a few narrowed down options but not a final decision.

"Okay, so, we have 'Diamonds,' '1+1,' 'Give Me Love,' 'Summertime Sadness,' and 'Rumor Has It,'" I listed off our possibilities.

"I like 'Diamonds,'" Normani stated.

"I like '1+1,'" Dinah claimed.

"I like 'Rumor Has It,'" Ally said.

"I like 'Give Me Love,'" Camila spoke.