Chapter 3

Elli hadn't even begun to get the buzz of her first drink was when she saw him. Oliver. 

It was amusing, like an unavoidable system of fate, where she couldn't just stop this coincidental meetings with Oliver in the worst of times. In her depressed mood she wasn't looking forward to fall into another infuriating argument with one of the most infuriating man in the world, so Elli decided to stay quiet and unnoticed. 

But who was Oliver with here? Friends or a special lady friend, Elli wondered in curiosity. 

Unaware of the eyes following his every movement, Oliver was making his way through the dancing crowd, it was just then Elli noticed a woman dragging him holding his hand. A very gorgeous woman, wearing next to nothing in that case. 

A surge of something unknown burnt through Elli's stomach, and it wasn't acidity. So he was woman-hunting!

Soon, the woman wrapped herself around Oliver as if she were some kind of anaconda, and the pair began their sensual dance in the middle of the dancefloor. 

With irritation and depression doubled, Elli moved her eyes away. Months had passed of her seeing Oliver bringing home different women, she had caught a few times his nasty make out sessions with some them. Everytime it had grossed her out, there was also this discomfort that she felt within, a kind of possessiveness over this man. Oliver was her to fight with, to hang out and have a laugh with. And any time he showered upon this women distributing his affections with generosity, made Elli want to break something.

But that was how close friends were supposed to feel like for each other, or close enemies... Elli thought with confusion. 

It was something inevitable that Elli moved her eyes back on where Oliver and the anaconda were seen last only to see them now in the midst of a very heated kiss. What the hell! 

Now, if it was any other woman they would gulp down the unknown burning in their stomach, look away, probably leave the place without reacting and wait to see the consequence. But it was not anyone else but Elli after all, she was made to move by instinct. Like lightening had struck her all of the sudden, Elli jumped out of the bar stool and made long and furious strides towards the dancing bodies. Normally it would have been a difficult task to make her way to Oliver through all the gyrating people caught in drunk frenzy, but in fury difficulty never matters. People oomphed and umphed, and moved away and cursed as Elli's elbows connected hardly to some of their hips, ribs and stomachs. And then finally she stood in front of a Oliver who had his tongue down someone else's throat. 

Elli sneered and tapped hard on his shoulder. 

Disgusting smooching noise, Oliver didn't even turn around, he just swept Elli's hand off his shoulder like he was shooing off a little fly.

Elli could almost feel smoke puffing out of her nose in anger of such treatment.

"Oliver!" She at last decided to scream right into his ear.

A very visible flinch of shock went through Oliver's body, it was also clear how reluctantly he separated his lips from the anaconda. He slowly turned around to look behind him, and registering that it was Elli standing there glaring a hole into his face, his face contorted into annoyance. 

"Oh, why am I not surprised?" Oliver muttered through gritted teeth. Holding up a finger in front of the anaconda's face Oliver murmured "hold on a minute, sweety," and then he turned around to face Elli. 

Elli eyed how one of his hands circled around the woman's waist. She rolled her eyes. 

"Are you following me, Elli?" Oliver asked with suspicion.