Chapter 4

After frantically searching for Elli for over ten minutes, when Oliver finally saw her again, he found her outside the club being dragged to a minivan by her dance partners. Those morons were kidnapping her alright, but what got Oliver pissed off beyond limits was how Elli was still dancing with a dizzy smile playing on her lips, the fact that there was no music playing anymore didn't seem to matter to her. It was official now, Oliver had never come across such an infuriating woman ever before in his entire life.

"When I save you, I'm going to freaking kill you, Elli." Oliver muttered under his breath. 

The rescue mission however had to wait for just two seconds gladly, because right then he saw a bouncer passing by, a bouncer whom he had seen inside the club earlier. 

Oliver huffed a sigh of relief looking at the bouncer, because he was very much aware of how he was not a superhero and it seemed to be a pretty stupid idea to jump in all alone and try taking down so many muscular men all by himself. Some of them even looked like gangsters, and Oliver didn't want to end up getting killed by their hidden guns or something. Where would that leave Elli afterwards? 

So Oliver screamed for the bouncer in stead of being all heroic, the bouncer did listen to him and soon looked past over Oliver's head to see the sight of a drunk girl getting kidnapped. 

However, Oliver's scream had the same effect on the the men too who looked back and forth from Oliver, Elli and the bouncer who was quickly storming their way. The guys probably did a mental calculation and logic kicked in their head, they didn't want to end up in jail and so they were quick to leave Elli and try climbing inside the minivan themselves. 

"Wait, hey!" Elli slurred. 

She was not at all pleased with how her new found friends were abandoning her, and so she tried to catch a hold of their hands or shirts until one of them pushed her away, she fell into Oliver's arms safely.

"Now, that was rude!" Exclaimed Elli and pouted.

Oliver groaned as the fool of a woman laid pouting like a child in his arms. He looked heavenwards and begged for some patience.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Damn you, Elli, stop trying to tickle me!" Oliver yelled at Elli for the thousandth time as he squirmed away from her wiggling hands. 

"I'm trying to drive here, Elli." He exclaimed red faced as he adjusted his hands on the steering wheel.

Elli scowled and looked away taking her hands back. "You don't care for me, Oliver."

"No, I don't." Oliver sneered. "Yet I find myself rescuing you from all the crazy situations."

Elli made an attempt to punch Oliver's shoulder in but his glare made her back off, it was not like she got scared or something... no... it was absolutely not the case. 

"But I saved you from Evan that day, remember when I... I knocked him off with the vase?" Elli said sleepily. "I always cared for you, but you... you only care for yourself, your food and your... women." 

She scrunched her nose up in disgust.

Oliver sighed, he shook head tiredly hearing all her drunken blabbering, came a point when he stopped listening to her meaningless complains against him. 

When they reached home, Oliver sighed in relief at last, but that went out the window when he searched for Elli's purse.

"Elli, Where's your purse? Give me your keys." He ordered only to find Elli make a face at him and laugh hysterically. 

"Oli, you look funny with that frown."

"Come on, Elli, where're your damn keys? Don't you want to get inside your house?" 

Elli chuckled again and raised her empty hands and then she started slowly dozing off slumping back into the seat. 

Oliver closed his eyes and then opened them to search inside the car for her purse and came to a conclusion that she might have dropped it off somewhere when she was with her sweet kidnappers. Sighing and feeling really pissed off Oliver carried Elli inside his own home across the street. 

When he was leaning off of her after settling her down on his bed, he found his shirt collars clutched by her hands. Elli looked up at him through half closed eyelids, with hair splayed across his pillow around her head she looked a sight to behold as silvery moonlight fell on her face from the open window. A sweet, unknown ache began in his chest.

"Are you going back to anaconda?" Elli slurred in a worried tone.

The ache remained, what was added was a slow smile on his lips. Anaconda? Now, what was that?

"Go to sleep." He commanded her.

"You're not going, are you?" She repeated again drifting in and out of sleep.

Oliver chuckled. "I don't think I'll be going anywhere right now." But she had already passed out.

Carefully Oliver removed her hands from his collar and stepped away from the bed, his eyes were still glued on the witch sleeping on his bed, snuggling inside his comforter. There was just something so heavenly at the sight of her specifically in his bed, he noticed. 

The ache hadn't gone yet from his chest, feeling a little uncomfortable at what the freaking hell it was, Oliver patted his chest right where his heart laid underneath.

Acidity. He decided and walked towards the recliner after changing inside his bathroom for the night. 

For a long hour after that, Oliver laid there on the recliner. His eyes looking dead and were in wonderment still glued on the figure laying on his bed. At last, with a groan of frustration he jumped up and stormed towards the bookshelf, briskly he picked up a bottle of wine which he had kept next to the newest romance book that Emma had gifted him before leaving with Brandan. He gulped down some wine straight from the bottle and absentmindedly stared at the book. 

Emma was praising about this book so much, she had said with great words how the hero had blackmailed the heroine's family to win her back. Too bad Oliver was not into romantic books. 

So he walked back to the recliner with the bottle of wine and settled there for the rest of the night praying that the wine wouldn't cause this ache of acidity to increase further.

___________________________________________________

That's it for now. :)

Thanks friends for your love and support, I really appreciate each one of your votes and comments, thank u so much! And I'm feeling much better today, writing is helping me, and also all of your encouragement and support. Love you guys. <3 Talking to you all make my days better.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and fan/follow!

Take care...
Love and hugs,
Lara.