chapter 30

"D... Daddy!" Elli shrieked, striding after the beating party.

Gripping the banister she watched wide eyed as her brothers literally rolled Oliver like a log down the stairs. Her daddy right after them, calmly putting bullets inside his infamous shotgun.

Holy hell!

Back in her room, just minutes ago she had witnessed her brothers pounce upon a flabbergasted Oliver like hungry hyenas. They dragged him out her room and now out the house while the awful noises of kicks and punches, and Oliver screaming then saying all kinds of bullshit echoed around.

"Hey... Ufff ... Arg... Yaugh... Man! I said I'm sorry! Oomph."

No matter how much Oliver tried, nothing worked in his favor. It was like his official dooms day. And there was no mercy.

In the beginning, when the first punch was placed square into Oliver's face by John, Elli had felt satisfied for she could clearly imagine what hell Oliver had put her entire family through by the false news of - her having cancer and the side effects of the chemotherapy shit. Now she could understand why everyone was acting so weird and heartbroken around her. 

But then, after the initial beating she began to get worried and frightened for her brothers were showing no sign to stop and her father look determined to accomplish his very first murder. Hell! The boys had lost their screws.

Elli flew down the stairs screaming for everyone to stop but they were beyond paying heed to her. In a few moments, Oliver was flung out into the porch with John, Jim and Misha surrounding him from all sides. They were glaring down at a sprawled Oliver on the ground as he swiped at the blood that dripped down the corner of his lips and tried to get up. 

Daniel strolled near Oliver as John and Jim stepped slightly aside, his shotgun pointing at Oliver's face. Elli came running and attempted to push past the boys to stop the royal slaughter of Oliver. The fool had gotten himself into this serious shit! But that was simply the Oliver she knew and had fallen in love with. How unfortunate!

"You had us cry tears of blood," Daniel growled, his eyes blazing fire.

Oliver coughed and pressed his palm into his ribs, his other hand pushing the ground so that he could get up on his feet but once again, the brothers grabbed his shoulders and with a frustrated sigh he settled on kneeling down in stead. He gave the brothers a look before rolling eyes at Daniel.

"Come on, dude. Now no need to be so cramped up about it, I agree I misunderstood things a bit... but hell, you gotta believe me I saw her going to the hospital. I swear Elli went into the chemotherapy room with the doctor! She was really in the oncology department, and what about all the symptoms - that vomiting, fatigue, head spinning, hair loss and don't forget about the hallucination...,"

As Oliver talked, Daniel's face scrunched bit by bit in fury until he exploded with it all and literally lunged at Oliver with the shotgun aiming at his eye. Elli assumed Daddy intended to blind Oliver before going for the kill. 

Shrieking, she bounded and embraced Daniel from the side, effectively halting his attack. "Daddy, listen to me," she yelled and pleaded. "Stop it all of you, alright!"

She felt her father's huge body sag in her arms, twisting his body then his big arms were wrapped around her as well. Elli sighed in relief.

"He's a liar, Elli. He scared us to death, I nearly had a heart attack thinking that you would... that you would leave me too, like your mother," Daniel croaked. "I want this scoundrel's blood in my hands."

Elli heard Oliver scoff and say something incoherent from the side. She bit her lip nervously. Guilt gripped her very soul. 

No. This was not Oliver's fault. Not entirely.