Chapter 26

After hiding away inside the room for a whole day, Oliver tip toed out, just to find out that Elli was tip toeing to somewhere. A frown appeared on his face.

Where was the kick boxer witch snooping out to?

Taking two steps back Oliver picked up his coat and Misha's woolen muffler from the ground where he had thrown it off to earlier, much to Misha's dismay. Putting on the coat, Oliver lifted the collars up, he used the muffler to cover his head and half of his face. Someone would say he was suffering from a terrible cold, or they would just scream spy - which he actually was at the moment. But Oliver didn't care.

He knew this was going to be important. His sixth sense was screaming at him that Elli was sneaking out to the center of her secret. The secret he could almost smell but couldn't fathom it's origin. However, probably now he would.

And so he followed Elli. He followed her out the house and through the busy evening streets of the tiny town, keeping a little distance and with stealth.

On the way of wherever they were off to, Elli suddenly halted on her steps. Oliver did the same.

She whirled around then.

But Oliver was faster, he sprung to take cover behind a parked truck at the carb.

A spine chilling moment passed. Right when Oliver heard her footsteps again, he came out. This time he made sure that he slithered in the shadows, sliding along the walls Oliver followed his target. In the inside he felt like a freaking James Bond; Sherlock Holmes; Tom Cruise; and so much more! His nerves were on edge, Oliver decided he liked stalking his witch. This must happen more often, he grinned devilishly behind the muffler covering his face.

This was not the first time in the whole day he was feeling this excited. Just this morning, right after breakfast he had sneaked upon Elli... stole a quick kiss from her and before she could again kick into his dignity... he ran off to the room. That was actually why he was hiding inside the room, locking door the whole day. It was worth it though. Damn the consequences, to kiss Elli he could go through bloody everything. Also, how it made her dizzy and then riled her up - made his day.

Once again he grinned devilishly behind the muffler.

However, his grin soon dissipated to a confused frown when he noticed where Elli had come to.

The town hospital!

Why would she have to sneak out of home to come to the hospital ?! And that too hiding it from everyone.

Oliver walked after her into the hall of the hospital. A sudden crowd of patients and hospital staffs had him lost sight of Elli then.

"Where the f*** is she hiding?" he mumbled frustratedly to himself, scratching his head furiously and then fixing the muffler on it's place again.

Why was his head itching all over? What if there was lice in Misha's muffler?

Oliver shook his head and cleared off all the unnecessary thoughts. He was going to concentrate on Elli first who was lost and Misha's lice issue later.

Nearly half an hour later, after searching for Elli almost everywhere in the hospital when Oliver was one second away from forget about spying and screaming out her name... he at long last found her. It was the fourth floor, near the waiting area on the floor Oliver jumped behind a pillar and covertly peeked out.

There was his Elli, walking with a doc who was smiling down at her sadly. And then they walked into a room.

Oliver bit his lip in confusion. Was Elli sick? What has happened to her? He felt worried sick. Things didn't look good. Not good at all.

And then he noticed the board.

The board above him on the right side of the wall. His blood turned cold. Petrified, Oliver stared, he read and yet he could not. The words blurred, his head throbbed and heart thudded painfully. A fear like no other gripped his very soul.

There, written on the board was - "Oncology Department".

NO! NO!... NO!

-- -- --

Oliver stumbled inside the room he'd been sharing with Misha. He threw the muffler and coat together on the floor and dropped down on the makeshift little sofa bed right next to the door. It was weird how Misha looked at him horrified last night when he suggested that they share a bed. Seeing Misha stumble away from him cussing and muttering towards the sofa bed Oliver couldn't help but guffaw wholeheartedly. Each one of Elli's brothers had one or a few screws loose in their heads, Oliver had decided at last.

But the hilarious memory couldn't even bring an inch of a smile on his face. Because he was scared.

Scared to the point that he could not almost feel his fingertips, they were that much numb still.

Slowly, Oliver held up his phone to his ear after dialing Lily's number. He thanked the heavens that he had a nurse as a friend, they could really come in handy in such kind of situations. When Lily picked up the call, he couldn't bring himself up to speak for the first few moments. There was this painful ball of fire stuck inside his throat. 

"Uh... Lily," Finally he stuttered out, with eyes filling up and voice choked. "Can you tell me the symptoms of this disease... of cancer, and all about it's treatments?" 

Ahem! Case of pregnancy misunderstood as cancer. Let's see what actions Oliver takes in grief. ;)

Thanks for all your votes and lovely comments! Don't forget to VOTE for this chapter as well, and let me know about your thoughts in the comments. I absolutely adore them everyone, so keep them coming! 

Follow/Fan me, so that you get notified whenever I updt or want you to know something imp. Share the story! Have fun, like Elliver, always! Be wise, and then be fools too, whatever that will keep you happy... (And I should stop by lecture now. :P. Tada!)

Take care,
Lots of love,
- Lara.

P.S. Misha's going through a lot. Send the poor guy some kisses. :*