Chapter 14

Thank you all so much for your precious votes and comments! 'With or Without You' is now #89 on the General Fiction hotlist, it did raise higher to #75 or something a few months ago. All thanks to you lovely readers! :) Keep love Elliver like this and then some more. (hugs)

_________________________________

For like the fifteenth time, Elli cut the call, right after having pressed the call button.

She wiped her cheeks with a tissue, blew her nose and threw the tissue away so that it could join the pile of other used ones, scattered all around the floor.

Finally, deciding to not overthink anymore, she hit the call button, put the phone on loudspeaker and kept it before her on the bed. She clasped her hands tight on her lap, stopping them from reaching out and end the call.

Her heart thudded, hearing the heavy, very much gruff male voice, filled with the adorable kind of anger, lashing from the other side. "Ellizabeth Marques! How dare you not pick up my calls and not talk to me the whole of last week. You have broken your end of the deal, little girl, so now, I command you to come back home - in two days." The man breathed finally.

On the other side, Elli couldn't hold back the sobs anymore. She choked on her tears. "Okay, daddy."

There was a long moment of silence, followed by a 'thud' sound. Her father had dropped the phone, in shock it seemed.

After some shuffling noises, he began speaking again. "What?" his voice consisted a mixture of confusion and disbelief. "You agreed? Just like that!"

"Daddy, I'm coming home." Elli sniffled, feeling all emotional. Might be the pregnancy hormones. But wasn't it too soon to start behaving all mental?

"Baby girl, are you crying?" his father's voice seemed all worried now. But the next moment it turned furious." WHO DO I NEED TO BEAT UP?"

Elli steeled. Sitting up straight, she shook her head, but then realized that her father couldn't see her over the phone. So she cleared her throat, forcing herself to go back to her usual self, she quickly covered, "No one, daddy! Can't I miss you guys and cry a little?"

She couldn't just let her family know, especially not her father, not yet. Daniel Marques - her father was polpular in their little town for his temper for no reason. And he was getting crankier as he was aging.

"But you don't cry just like that." Daniel stated smartly.

"I'm on my period." Elli lied through gritted teeth. And then she felt like bursting into another set of tears realizing that she wasn't going get any period in the next nine months.

Daniel coughed from the other side, feeling awkward obviously and Elli would have laughed like a maniac if not for the circumstances she was in.

"But... why do I feel like that is an excuse, Ellizabeth Marques?" How could she forget how suspiscous and nosy her father was! That was one of the many reasons why she had got a ticket out of the town as soon as she finished school after he turned up in her prom, went all bear over her prom date when she was in the middle of a fiery lip-lock with him, threatening to blast the already scared guy's head off with his shotgun.

"I lost my job." She stated quickly. Why hadn't she said that in the beginning?

"Baby girl, I've taught you well and I've full trust on you that you would break your boss's head in stead of sobbing like a damsel under your bed after getting fired." Oh, how right her daddy was about her!