Chapter 7

It takes time grow used to certain, intense emotions. Sudden affection or dislike, happiness or loss, love or heartbreak... such out of the blue feelings at first seem unbearable, but with time they settle down deep inside and fall in synchronization with all the other regular human feelings. We slowly become aware of what to do with them.

Days passed by. Season in the city was changing, the biting cold of snowy winter did wonders to Elli's confusing state of mind that still remained, and kept getting worse with each passing second, to the point that it could be called as pathetic now. But the good thing was that, she dissed the attempts to avoid Oliver anymore since the night when he had cooked a very healthy meal for her after her fainting spell. 

Yes, Elli no more avoided Oliver's company, in stead she made sure that no other woman accompanied Oliver anymore, at least whenever she was around and could keep a eye on him. Sure it caused more fights between them and Oliver had said some pretty rude things to her more than once, but Elli had her endurance level high. She got back at him with a prank or two after every time he calmed down. 

One evening, Elli was returning home early from work. She threw her coat on the sofa after walking in the door. Almost deliberately the memories of that first awkward moment she had shared with Oliver on that very sofa came back to her mind. 

Bending down, as if in a trance, Elli caressed the soft surface of the sofa. A slow smile appeared on her lips thinking of that eventful day months ago. 

Loud, booming knocks on the door made her jump in fright. The smile disappeared to confusion as she went to open the door and see who it was now.

"Oliver." A silly smile upon seeing him was about to stretch on her lips until she noticed his panic stricken face.

Before Elli could ask him anything, Oliver was blabbering it all out in full speed.

"I think, Shavanah just had a heart attack."

-----------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Half an hour later, they were sitting in front of the emergency ward. Both looked tensed, Oliver had just finished making a call to Shavanah's sister, she was on her way to the hospital.

"But, how did this happen?" Elli asked as Oliver came to sit on the gurney next to her.

"I would say that she'd dug her own grave, Elli." Oliver exclaimed. "Are you aware of the fact that Shavanah's been learning tarot from a woman who looks no less than a ghost?"

"What?" Elli asked in surprise, that was totally uncalled for. "But why? And hey, how do you know this?"

"Because... apparently, Shavanah convinced me that the predictions that came out of the tarot spreads were always accurate, and..." Oliver took a little awkward pause.