Chapter 31

The funny thing about epiphanies is - they arrive too late. Always subsequent to wretched outbursts from shock, anger and other equivalent emotions. And that's probably why they feel so self destructive.

'''

Oliver was staggering towards his destination, epiphany in one closed fist and a bottle of whiskey in the other. All the while not quite grasping how everything suddenly could go so fast spiraling to the underworlds. 

After he had managed to put his smelly foot in his mouth, getting whacked in the face by Elli, beaten by his future in-laws and then getting thrown out of the house instantly - he had wandered around the town for some hours in a state of distraught. Then, he found the bar and had a heart to heart chat with a few bottles. And now, as his head felt much clearer after the whiskey kicked in - he knew suddenly who was responsible for this serious blunder he was in. He was suddenly aware of who could give the answers he needed and probably make everything alright in a blink of a eye. 

He just needed to confront Him. The big-bad God, of course. 

And so, determined like hell, Oliver approached the huge, white building with wobbling steps. Despite the intimidating, heavy doors staying ajar, he knew the gates were opened day and night for all that wanted to come and whine.

Oliver was not a regular in a church, he had not been into one since a while now. But this was a dire situation and God needed to be confronted. 

Grunting, Oliver pushed opened the doors and stumbled across the threshold, he steadied himself right before hitting the marble floor. There were empty benches around, the more brighter lights were turned off at this late hour but there were some dim lights that still illuminated the place. Candles lit before the cross and the atmosphere had the serene, spiritual feels to it - which of course Oliver failed to notice.

"WHY ?!" Oliver shouted standing straight, eyes blazing. "Why did you do it to me?" 

He took another sip of whiskey, put it down on an empty bench at his side and then walked down the aisle.

"Why this happened? This greatest blunder in the f***ing history of blunders?" He demanded throwing up his hands as he stepped up on the alter. "Why she's pregnant? Damn it, why am I not the father of that baby but an unknown ass-butt who can possibly make a grand entry anytime and take Elli and the baby away to build a happy family of three and more ?!"

Feeling raged, Oliver banged his fists into the podium but the blasted thing so utterly heavy that it didn't break like he had wished. He groaned in agony. 

His hands hurt! 

But then he looked up at the cross and remembered his resolution to confront the God, and so he closed his mouth and went back to looking rough and tough. "Now how will Elli and I get our happily ever after? She's finally said it - that she loves me but it's clear she loves her baby more! Her baby gets all her love and what do I get? Her slap, a sack full of stinky insults, and assault from the goons she calls her family!"

He dragged a hand down his face while gripping the podium with the other for his head was spinning now. "What do I do now?" he moaned to himself. "They threw me out! The entire family's bloody crazy! Why don't they understand I just want my Elli."

His face hardened and with a vigorous look he slowly looked up. "It's all your fault. It was your plan - you took my mommy and sent a sadistic bitch who ruined my life along with her equally sadistic - bully of a son. And now you're taking Elli away too and ruin my heart in the process. It's your favorite game messing with me."   

"You destroyed my life," Oliver declared. A evil glint appeared in his eyes. "Now I destroy your home."

It feels good to have a purpose in life. And for that night Oliver kinda found that - feel good - purpose. 

With Or Without You (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara