Chapter 1

I wake up with a jerk in the middle of the night. 'I could have sworn that dream was real', I think to myself. I dreamt I was moving through rooms filled with big black intricate pillars. I had kept walking slowly until I came to an edge. I heard footsteps echoing behind me, then  an unknown figure pushed me off the edge! I kept falling, then I woke up with a jolt. I feel like I just fell...it's weird. Normally I never get nightmares. I try to go back to bed, but I keep having the same dream.

Finally my alarm clock goes off for 6 am. I get up and run down the stairs, sliding down the banister as I go. I practically inhale my cereal as I run back upstairs to my room so I can get dressed. I finally choose a plain red shirt with a sleeveless acid-stained jean jacket, with black jeans and tan boots. I'm ready to face 8th grade! "Bye mom! Going to school!" I yell as my mom walks sleepily out of her room. I walk to the bus stop, taking my time, but as I glance at my phone, I realize that it's already nearly 7:45! I'm gonna be late for the bus! I run down the street, barely making it in time. Exhausted, I climb up the stairs onto the bus. "Good morning!" I say to the bus diver, Mrs. Alison. She replies with a wide grin. "Morning Smiley!" She always calls me that because I always smile at her.

I sit in the middle, staying as far away from the popular girls as I can. In 3rd grade all of the popular girls bullied me, excluding me and making me feel alone. That was only a couple years after my dad died. People tell me that they changed, but they still spread rumors and talk about me behind my back. Not one of them ever said sorry. They're so two-faced, having the teachers practically worship the ground they walk on, and then they turn around being rude to everyone! They also never get in trouble. It's so annoying! I hop off the bus when we reach the school, Crossblood Hill Middle School.

(Revised by UnluckyFishBird.)