Chapter 16: The Final Chapter.

We push more stone aside and jump into the room. Akili and Snow stand ready at my sides, and Bryer and Beth help Asa down and take him back to the hole. Then they stand behind me. Achlys rises and walks towards me. She cackles a hideous laugh. "YOU'RE Saraphine? The one who miraculously escaped my wrath? And you came BACK?" She announces. I nod. "You've had the throne long enough. This kingdom is rightfully mine. And I've come to take it back." I say sharply. She laughs. "You're going to fight me? I'd like to see you try." She smiles, a evil smile spreading across her perfect face. With a sweep of her arm, a wave of water pushes us forward. Guards run towards us, and my friends fight them. Now it's my turn to face Achlys.

I leap into battle, shooting a stream of fire at her, her water collides with the fire, extinguishing it. I can't use my fire. But I can use my ice. When she tries to shoot boiling water at my face, I freeze it, and she scowls at me. I shoot a blast of fire again, and she makes wind around the room. My fire grows larger. "Don't you know air just makes fire stronger?" I tease. She uses her water to try and rid me of my fire, but I freeze her water and push it towards her. All the powers stop, and we stand, facing each other. Achlys raises her hand, and pain shoots towards me, and I crumple to the ground. It's like she's controlling me, and I see my hand, engulfed in flames, moving towards my face. I can't move, Achlys is using my powers against me. "Go ahead. Kill me." I tell her. "You're so pretty, I wouldn't dare ruin my Goddaughters face." I gasp. She's my godmother? I stand there, unable to move, and I watch her walk to the hole and drag Asa out of it. He looks so sad. She drags him in front of me. He looks up, and gasps, eyes growing wide. "Sara! You're alive!" What does he mean? I've always been alive. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" He glares at Achlys, strength suddenly flooding his eyes. "She told me that she found you and killed you." He turns quickly and tries to punch her, but she makes him stand still. "How do you do that?" I say curiously. "It's called blood bending  darling, and I must say, it will be quite fun to make you kill your own lover!" She cackles. "Noooo!" I scream. "Oh talking won't do anything. You'll have to live with the guilt for the rest of your life, although it might not be very long." I glare at her. "Oh you poor unfortunate soul. Oh well!" She waves her arm, and I freeze Asa's feet. "I'm so sorry!" I wail. "It's ok love, I know it's not your fault." He says calmly. "Oh how sweet." Achlys teases. She makes me create a fireball in my hand. I walk forward, and under her control, stretch my arm out towards his heart. "I love you." He says softly. "I love you too." I say. I hear Asa breathe in heavily as my fire burns his skin. Suddenly I feel in total control again.

           I whip around, and make all my hatred go into my fire, and I blast it at Achlys face. She screeches in pain, and backs away. Asa regains control and grabs her hands. All my friends, finished fighting, gather around. "This is my kingdom and rightful throne." I say strongly, and with that, burn her heart with all the heat I can manage.

                    ONE WEEK LATER

     I walk nervously down the long isle. I see my all my friends, my mom, and Asa. I stand at the front. I smooth out my long deep purple dress with black lace at the end. I am also wearing a see-through grey cape with black spiderweb designs on it. The man standing with me places a beautiful gleaming black crown with red rubies on it atop my head. "I now crown Saraphine Corona, Queen of the Vampires!" He announces. Everyone cheers, and heads into a ballroom for a party. I hear a voice behind me. "May I have this dance?" I turn to see Asa, and he hands me a rose. As we dance, I know that everything will be alright.

***ATTENTION READERS! AS YOU HAVE GUESSED, THIS IS THE END OF THIS STORY! I hoped you liked it, and there will be a sequel. I don't know what the title will be. Any suggestions will be great! It will be about Saraphine and her friends in the castle, but Saraphine doesn't know exactly how to rule. And there is someone threatening the castle! comment about the name and thank you for reading The Vampire Girl!!***