Chapter 11

I wake up with Asa next to me. His face is relaxed, peaceful. His mouth is slightly open, and I can see his fangs. His eyes bolt open. I jump. "Jeez you scared me!" I say. He doesn't reply, his eyes darting around the room. They rest on the clock, which says 9:30. "The guards check houses at ten." He says nervously. "What's wrong?" I ask. "He queen is with them. She almost never leaves her castle." He says. "Only when she wants someone to die." He swallows, clearly nervous. "We need to leave." He says urgently. He starts throwing clothes into bags and wakes up Snow and Akili. I start to go downstairs but feel hands on my waist, stopping me. "They're outside. We need to go out a window." I hear his deep voice say. I nod and he holds the window open as we all clamber out the back window. I hear a knock at the door. "I have to answer it or else they'll get suspicious. Wait for me in the plaza, and steer clear of the guards and especially the queen. She knows everyone in this town and she'll think something's fishy if she spots someone she doesn't know." He says quickly. I see him close the window and disappear down the stairs. As I look down I start to get nervous. It's a two story house, and I don't want to get hurt. I see Snow and Akili jump down gracefully. I'm a vampire I can do this. I close my eyes and leap. I feel the ground beneath me feet a second later as I land easily on the balls of my feet. We all run to the plaza and hide behind a small clothing store. Thank god it's closed. "So Saraphine where'd you get the change of clothes?" Snow asks, and I forgot I was still wearing Asa's clothes. "Oh, um, Asa lended me them." Snow and Akili look and each other and give me sly smiles "ooh does he like you?" Snow squeals. "I don't know! I mean, he did sleep next to me when I had a nightmare, but that could mean anything." Snow jumps up and down. "What else happened? Spill!" "Nothing! Ok well he maybe said I looked good, but that doesn't mean he likes me!" I tell them. Akili rolls her eyes. "Please! He clearly likes you! Oohs you guys are soo cute together!" I roll my eyes at them. We all suck down when we hear people approaching. I see Achlys, the queen, surrounded by guards walk by into the gateway to her castle. Then I hear the owner of the store unlock and open the store. Them I see Asa appear around the corner. "Ok how about some shopping?" He says. All of us girls look at each other. "Ummmm yes!" We all say happily. He leads us into the store and I immediately get excited. So fashionable! I try on a black dress that has rips on it, and the rips have a red fabric under them. It's has one strap to hold it up. I try the dress on with black heels. I show everyone and Snow and Akili gush over it, and Asa is speechless, and I can feel his bright red eyes on me. "Wow...um, you look... Gorgeous!" He tells me. I feel myself blush. "Aww thanks." And behind Asa's back Snow and Akili are making kissy faces. I glare at them as Asa walks away. We all pick out a few more outfits and head back to Asa's house. That's when I realize we have school in ten minutes. "Guys we have school in ten minutes!" I shout. We all race to school, and when I sit down in homeroom I see the teacher stand up and make an announcement. "We all have a new student today. His name is Asa and I hope you all treat him with respect. Asa walks to the back of the room and sits next to me. I give him a look and he smiles at me. I feel myself blush again. That's when I notice Theo talking with Jia. It hurts to see him. But I shrug it off. Soon schools over and we all race home again. But as we walk inside Snow and Akili go to their rooms and it's just me and Asa sitting there alone together. "You know Saraphine, I have to tell you some things about me."

*OK GUYS WE NEED A SHIP NAME FOR SARAPHINE (SARA) AND ASA I WILL PICK THE BEST ONE!*