Chapter 2

I walk into the auditorium of my middle school, the sound of students speaking thundering in my ears. I wound up sitting next to my crush, Theo. We're friends, and I think that he likes me back, but I'm too nervous to ever ask. I sit there talking to him, and soon it's time for home room. It's a normal day, well at least until 4th period English...

           A guy with a mask comes in, and the class freezes, going silent. I notice he only has a pocket knife as a weapon. Who would only carry a pocket knife? I stand up and Theo whispers "What are you doing? You're gonna get killed!" I look at him and give him a small nod. I walk up to the intruder, narrowing my eyes. "Hey, if you wanna hurt our class, you'll have to get  through me." I look him in his bright blue eyes. I notice he has straight black hair. He chuckles. "Please, what could a little girl do to me?" I kick him as hard as I can in the nuts and he squeals like a girl.  "That's what I can do." I say. I notice how sure my voice sounds, how sharp it is. I like it. He tries to cut me with the knife but I dance out of his reach, and kick the knife out of his hand. We hear people in the hallway "Help! There's a man with a weapon in here!" I yell, and I scream as loud as I can. The man pushes me up against the wall, and I let him.  I'll come back, don't you worry." And I reply, "Oh, I won't" with an evil smile. I elbow him, pushing him to the ground, and he's quickly subdued by the teacher.  

           People rush in all around me asking if I'm okay and things like that, but I don't answer because I see the stern looking principal, Mr. Hornett, looking at me. I gulp, backing up and trying to avoid eye contact. He walks toward me and says, " I am very proud of what you did. You put your life in danger to protect everyone in this class, no, in the school!" He nods at me and I smile. 

            As I go to sit back down Theo hugs me. "I thought you were gonna die!" He exclaims. "I don't always die, but when I do, I don't!" I reply. We both start cracking up and my English teacher, Mrs. Petrilli has to tell us to quiet down. She takes us outside and tells us to just relax. As I'm playing soccer with Theo, I notice the shadow of a man creep into the woods. "Huh.."

(Revised by UnluckyFishBird.)