Chapter 5

The first thing I notice when I open my eyes is how clear I can see everything. People are all asking if I'm okay, "hey she has red eyes!" I notice someone say. That's weird. I just try to ignore them and listen. I can hear the rustling of a deer in the woods behind my school, and I can smell it, and it makes me hungry. No, thirsty. I stand up and notice how fast yet agile I am. All my senses are impeccable. Theo walks me to the nurse, but I don't know why.

             "I'm telling you, I'm fine!" I say, rolling my eyes. " you didn't seem like you were fine." He replies, eyeing me suspiciously. " Besides I already knew you were messed up mentally, but physically now too?" He jokes. I shove him, and he goes flying. I barely pushed him! Am I really that strong now? Now we both need the nurse. I get the creepy one though. The one with the crazy looking brown eyes that never smiles. I tell her what has been happening and she looks at me in amusement. She leans in and whispers, " You got bit didn't you?" "What? How'd you know?" I ask. " you got bit by a vampire, and now you're a vampire too." She says simply. I've heard of vampires, but real ones? It doesn't seem right. Until she starts explaining it to me every day at lunch.

            No one sits by me, they all think I'm crazy. My bad though. I told this girl named Jia. She told everyone of course. Maybe I wasn't meant to be popular. So me and the nurse become friends right, and I learn her name is Quinn. I just seem like a normal teenage vampire right? Well soon, I'll be much more than that.