Chapter 13

At Asa's house we all joke around and laugh, ignoring all our homework. "Hey Sara?" "Yeah?" I say to Snow. "Do you like our school?" She asks. I look up at her. "Not really." I admit. Before Snow can say anything, Asa jumps up, looking around. "What's wrong Asa?" I ask, standing up as well. "I think someone's coming." He says. There's a knock at he door. I hear a voice say with authority, "let us in. We have the right to inspect your house." I hear Asa pushed aside, and footsteps coming towards us. A tall man with bulging muscles and an angry expression comes into view. "Who are you! State your names, status, and relationship to the owner of this house." His voice booms. Akili stands. "I'm Akili Kelbardi. I'm a full-blood. I'm his cousin." She says. "I'm Snow Kelbardi. I'm full blood, and me and Akili are sisters visiting our cousin." She quickly lies. He won't believe that I'm Asa's cousin too. "I'm Sara Adams, I'm a bitten, and I'm um..." I try to think of a way to weasel out of this. "She's my girlfriend." Asa responds for me. I nod. Asa walks over to me and puts his arm around me, so I rest my head in his shoulder to play along. "The guard looks closely at us. "Very well. I'll be on my way then." He replies and stomps out. We all sigh the minute he leaves. That was close. "Smart not giving him your real name Sara." Akili says to me. "Well I wasn't just gonna tell him that I have the exact name as the vampire princess who's "dead" now was I?" I say with confidence. We all laugh and decide that was enough for one day and we all go to bed.

The next day as we all race to school, I notice something in the woods and stop short. I try to look closer, but I don't see anything. Everyone races back to me. "What's wrong?" Snow asks. I wave her on "go ahead without me I'll be right there." So her and Akili race off. But Asa stays. I try to convince him to go ahead, but he's too stubborn. I don't see anything. "I guess it's just nothing." I say. We decide to walk instead of run, since we're so close to school anyway. But when I look back, I swear I see red eyes. I gasp, and start walking faster. "Sara what's wrong? What did you see?" Asa asks, concerned. When we're at school I lead him to the gardens in the back. "I thought I saw a persons shape at first, but when I looked back I saw eyes. Red eyes." I tell him. "You're probably just nervous with everything that's going on." It is pretty traumatizing for everything like this to happen so fast. If I never got bitten, this never would have happened. I look down at the ground, ashamed of myself for overreacting. "I'm sorry." I mumble. Then he doesn't something that surprises me. He hugs me. "It's ok. It's not your fault my princess." We look at each other, and fall into a sweet kiss.

We're late to homeroom, and Snow and Akili are suspicious. "What took you so long?" Snow asks, her eyes skeptical. "Nothing! We were just looking at the gardens." I tell them. They exchange looks. "Ok." Akili says. Then, I feel a note pushed between my fingers by Snow. When I'm walking to first period, I open it. *MEET US IN THE GIRLS BATHROOM AT EXACTLY 9:00!* hmmmm okay. During class, I watch the clock, and I swear it's going sooooo slow! When it's finally 9 I put my hand in the air, where it normally doesn't go. When I get to the bathroom, Snow and Akili show up shortly afterwards. "Ok what's up? We know you're hiding something!" Snow accuses. "Ok so I did go to the gardens." I tell them. I motion for them to come closer. "And me and Asa kissed there!" I finally announce, and Snow and Akili start squealing and jumping up and down. When we're all at Asa's house, us girls are all painting our nails in the living room when I hear a crash. I rush upstairs to find that Asa's nowhere to be found! Someone kidnapped him! It feels like ice is creeping up my insides, and when I open my mouth to scream, ice comes out of my mouth and hands, making everything in the room turn to ice. A couple hours after Asa was stolen and we contacted one of he guards to report it, we're all sitting at a table. "Well, Asa was stolen! But hey, at least you found your second power!" I just look at Snow. It feels like part of me is missing. I stand up, and slam my fist on the table. "I'm going to find him. And kill whoever took him!" I say angrily, and I storm out of the room.

*HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! HOPE EVERYONE HAD FUN!🎉🇺🇸❤️*