Chapter 3 The Basics

Music played in the background as Ace wheeled a shopping cart across the tiled floor, Acelin walking close behind him.
"I can't believe we're on our first date"

"We aren't on a date! We're here to get food for Breakfast and get out" Ace reminded.
"Well, will you at least buy me something" she begged.

Ace ignored her, walking through several aisles for basic breakfast items. He looked at the signs that hung above the aisles and noticed one said Breakfast. He became excited to get out of the store and sped up not worrying about Acelin.

Acelin tries to keep up but trips on her open toed shoes, falling to the ground.
"Ouch"She screamed out.
Ace abandoned the cart and rushed over to help up the damsel in distress.

Once she was standing on two feet she brushed off the tiny pieces of trash from her dress. Ace looked at what she was wearing and blushed.
"You...you look nice" he says as he turns around trying to hide his red face.

He jogs over to where he left the cart and pulls it closer to where Acelin was.
"How about you push the cart?" Ace smiled.
She looked at him with a upset face and grabbed the bar to push the cart.

They finally reached the breakfast aisle and Ace went crazy picking out the food, Acelin struggling to keep up.
"Eggs, Bacon, Grits, Sausage! They have everything"

The basket got filled to the very top and Ace offered to push it to the counter, but Acelin insisted she'd push it. Before they got to the register, Acelin was mesmerized by the amount of beautiful jewelry in the front of the store.

"Ace will you buy me this, please please please" she begged holding a necklace that said "Love" in Silver.
He stared at her for a second, then put out his hand for her to give it to him.

A smile leaped across her face as he placed it on top of the other items he was buying.
"Thank you" she yelled hugging him.
"No problem" he replied with a shy attitude.

Acelin skipped down the street with her new shiny necklace bouncing around her neck.
Ace walks close behind her with white sacks filled with groceries.
"How Long until we know what my attributes are?" Ace asked.

"I don't know, like I said we just have to wait" she said while still skipping.
"And how will we know?"
"Look, there are two ways for your powers to become a reality. 1. Either you go through something traumatic that pushes them to the surface. Or 2. You stumble upon them by accident which will probably be the easier way but will take longer"

"Something Traumatic? Like me jumping off a roof or something?"
"No and don't you dare think about doing that"
"I wasn't planning on jumping off a roof, anytime soon"

"*sighs* By something traumatic, I mean you losing someone important to you or you're body being in a lot of danger. Like if you were about to be shot or if you were about to be in a car crash"

"Who were those people you were talking about, the something Council?"
"The High Council?"
"Yeah them. If they know so much about Hybrids then why aren't they teaching me about myself?"

"Well, your family wasn't exactly open to what the Council had to say. They would rather live in Secrecy than be open about how their powers worked. Besides we don't have anyway of reaching the High Council"

He looks down at the sidewalk and tightened his grip on the bags in his hands. A jolt of pain ran through Ace' hand, making him drop the groceries on the ground.

"Oww" he yelled, staring down at the cut from the broken glass.
He gripped his hand and starts to inspect the wound, Acelin looking over at it.

"Wait have you seriously not healed that yet" she exaggerated in a mocking tone.
"No? Should i have healed this overnight?" he sarcastically questioned.

"Well yeah, have you seriously not learned anything about your powers?" She continued.
"Of Course not, Why did you think I was so clueless last night when you were explaining them"

"Well in my defense, I thought you were just being overly dramatic. Its easy really, all you have to do is concentrate all your strength on the place you want to heal"

She leans down and scrapes her finger across the ground, standing back up to show him. The scrape on her finger started to magically disappear as Ace paid close attention, In a matter of seconds the scrape had vanished.

"Now you try"
Ace looks at his finger and started to concentrate on the cut, closing his eyes.
When he opened his eyes the cut had completely vanished just like the scrape on Acelin's finger.

"Wow" he smiled."Now that was cool"
"Told ya' it's easy"she replied.
"Oh, and when we are done eating breakfast, I'll take you shopping" he said picking back up the sacks.
She turns around and a large smile spreads across her face faster than Ace could regret what he just said.

"Then what are we waiting for, COME ON" she yells as she starts to sprint down the block as if her open toed shoes were for running track.
Ace refrains from yelling at Acelin, knowing that won't make a difference.

He starts to run in after Acelin, being tugged down by the bags. He starts to speed up and almost falls over.
What's happened to my legs, they feel faster for some reason? Maybe it has something to do with my powers, or maybe its because of this voice in my head. Either way, I should wait before telling Acelin.

[Monday]
The bell rings as kids start to walk through the door, Ace showed up early since he didn't really have anything to do.
"Hey Ace"a familiar voice catches his attention. He looks up suspecting to see Skye, but it was Acelin.

Yelling loud enough to also grasp the attention of everyone else walking into class. She walks over and sits down, flaunting her shiny necklace and earrings from Saturday's shopping spree.

Skye and Damion walk through the door and Skye's eyes meet Acelin's, glaring at one another. Ace could tell there was a storm brewing and so could Damion.