Chapter 21 The Lying Spirit

"What are you doing to me" Ace asked as his body started to ache.
"Did you actually think that you were the first Hybrid i have ever inhabited. How else did you think the other two died. We both know that no amount of physical damage can kill a hybrid"
"So you tricked me"
"A hybrid can only be killed mentally. But im gonna' have some fun before i kill you"

The spirit had gained full control over Ace' body and abilities.
The sky began to swirl with darkness while the spirit kept Ace at Bay.
Scarlet continues her attack, unnaware that the person she is fighting wasn't Ace.
She summons a couple of hellhounds and sends them at the spirit.
As soon as the dogs approached him they immediately scattered, running into the nearby forest, terrified.
The spirit pulled out one of Ace' black crystals and stabbed it into the palm of his hand.
Scarlet grabbed a stick and quickly drew a symbol of a flame in the dirt, similar to the one when she fought Ace for the first time.
She presses her hands down on the symbol and green flames suddenly run across the ground and stop in front of the spirit. The flames surround him and soon engulf him, shooting upward into a pillar of fire.
Relief spread across Scarlet's face, suddenly, the spirit shot through the flames and grabbed Scarlet by the neck.
"AAAHHHH" Scarlet screamed as the crystal that he stabbed into his hand was starting to burrow into her throat.
He drops her to the ground, her body cold, limp, and dead.
Now who to kill next.
The spirit begins to walk forward and sees Acelin and Cath fighting Damion and Skye, scratches covering their clothes and body.
"They will do nicely" the spirit thought.
He pulled his arm back and shot forward with enough force to put a hole through a mountain.
"DON'T YOU DARE" Ace screamed towards the spirit as his body suddenly aimed toward the base of the tree.
The blow sends the gigantic tree out of the ground, spliting it in half as the weight of the tree crashed into the ground.
Vexx stood in the center of the ground that was ripped out by the deep roots. Panting, his hands on his knees and a dagger in Alice' chest.
"VEXX, ACELIN, CATH. RUN TO THE CASTLE. AWAY FROM HERE. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER. I CAN'T KEEP HIM CONTAINED. RUN" Ace yelled struggling to keep the spirit from killing his friends.
"Ace whats wro-"
"You heard him. Lets go"Cath shoved after cutting off Acelin.
Vexx begins to run with them. The three of them hoping that Ace knew what he was doing.
  "I WON'T LET YOU ESCAPE" the spirit yelled as he lunged after them.
Suddenly two tanned arms grabbed his arms and restrain them from behind.
"It doesn't matter if they escape. We want to kill you" Skye explained as electricity began to surround her hands.
The spirit quickly bends his knees and slides his arms downward in the hold. He moves his wrists back and grabs onto Damion's shirt, flipping him over onto his back.
The spirit extended its wings and grab out two crystals, stabbing them both into Damion's skull.
Suddenly flames started to swirl around Damion, engulfing him as he disappeared. Leaving the two crystals on the ground.
"A morphis. This just got a lot more interesting"the spirit stated as it stood up.
"Are you ready Damion" Skye asked as small bolts of electricity began to float above her hands.
"You know it" he answered as he held disks of fire between his fingers.
The spirit flew a little bit into the air as he studied both Skye and Damion.
"CRYSTAL ASSAULT" The spirit yelled as thousands of crystals shot from his wings.
The crystals began to curve in mid air until they were all in a dome shape right above Skye and Damion.
"Death will rain upon those who deceive" the spirit yelled, ushering the crystals to fire rapidly.
Skye pulled her arm back and shot a lightning bolt, running a current through every 4 crystals, obliterating them.
Damion's fire disk cut like a saw blade across the sides of the crystals, splitting them in half and dropping them to the ground. They're hands moved at lightning speed. Obliterating the crystals.
"You actually were able to destroy all of those crystals. I appluad you" the spirit taunted.
 Damion's hand began to swirl with flames as Skye's hand began to crackle with electricity.
A glowing bow suddenly appeared on Skye's back as a sly smirk appeared on the Spirit's Face.
Skye grabs the bow off her back with her right hand as her left hand crackled beside Damion's.
Damion placed his hand on top of Skye's and the yellow and red quickly became a bright white.
When Damion pulled his hands up their was an arrow laying flat on Skye's hand.
The arrow was blank white. The feather, the arrowhead. Even the rod that would connect the nock and arrowhead was white.
Skye grabbed the arrow out of Damion's hand and pulled the arrow back on the bow, past her ear, tightening the string and lining the arrow up with the Spirit's chest.
Skye took a quick deep breath, releasing the arrow and launching it towards him.
Suddenly, large green wings flew close above the Spirit's hair.
The gigantic creature swiftly swooped down and swallowed the arrow. Faces of shock spread across Skye and Damion's face as the creature began to head in their direction.
On top of the creature was Jasmine, mounted above her bird.
She continued forward and her bird grabbed both Skye and Damion with its Talons as it immediately ascended into the sky.
Jasmine began to fly a bit away from the spirit, making sure to put a lot of distance between.
Suddenly, large spheres of fire quickly engulfed the three and the creature as a large booming sound echoed for miles.
Trees bend away from the explosion while the spirit bended his wings, covering his face from the brightness. Astonished by the power of their single arrow.