Chapter 17- Recovery

King and Liliana continued to talk where Liliana did most of her paperwork for the village.
Short stacks of paper were lined against the bookshelf as the lamp next to them lit the room. Acelin quickly woke on the couch that was a few feet away from King. She sat up and threw her legs off the side as her bare feet were cushioned by the plush purple carpet.
"Wh-Where are we" Acelin asked as she let out a yawn that brought tears to her eyes.
"We're in the Society. After Ace and I launched through the atmosphere. He dropped you in mid-air while carrying you. He dived after you and protected you while he crashed into a large stone statue. And now we're here"
"So he saved me again. Where is he..."
"In the Infirmary"
"Can i see him"
"Umm yeah, it would be perfectly fine. I'll escort you to the infirmary" Liliana offered.
"MI' LORD" a guard yelled as he swung open the door. "The guards that were posted next to and inside the infirmary have been murdered"
"HOW"
"I don't know. But the guards could be seen with frost around their throats and nostrils"
"Frost.... What could she possibly be after"
"ACE" Acelin blurts out as she jumps off the couch and rushes past the guard.

While Ace sat dormant in the white bed, a woman dressed in black and yellow approached.
Her curly dark brown hair stretched past her shoulder and stopped right above her elbow.
She walked over to his bedside and pulls out a glass Sphere that had something dark swirling around inside.
Her nails made a ticking sound as she tightened her grip.
She took a deep breathe and held the sphere in the air.

"How much farther to the Infirmary" king yelled while running next to Liliana, trying to catch up to Acelin.
"Just a little bit further" Liliana answered.
A slight glimmer can be seen shooting into the air as a small explosion goes off in the direction of the infirmary.
Everyone starts to speed up as they turn the final corner of the gravel path.
The village and the sky seemed lit by the explosion as ashes from the Infirmary spread through the air.
Standing infront of it was the same girl. Her yellow trimmed clothes somehow sparkling from the flames.
Everyone stopped as the girl turned and stared at them.
Her cold ice-blue eyes looked directly at Acelin. As a end of her mouth pulls up into a smirk.
"What a shame. I guess he couldn't withstand the power of the orb. Its a real pity. It would've been so much fun to murder everyone in this village. But i guess beggars can't be choosers" the girl chuckled with a slight accent.
"Did you do this" Acelin murmured.
"Who else would've. I mean, i don't think there is anyone else in the world that is as powerful as me. I must say it is kinda unfortunate how he wasn't able to survi-"
Suddenly the nearby trees snapped after being bent backwards by the ferocious wind. The ashes from the explosions and flames also seemed to be pushed away.
"I don't care if you are technically my sister. If you ever do something like that again, i will cripple you so bad that you'll wish you were born without limbs" Ace exclaimed as he grabbed the girl by the throat and threw her at a broken stump.
Ace' speed was abnormal. He moved so quick that the only thing that everyone could see was the girl being thrown.
"Ace" Acelin approached.
Ace swiftly looked over at Acelin and what she saw reminded her of something that happened a while back.
Dead silver eyes that sent chills down her spine.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU" the girl yelled, struggling to stand up.
"I will deal with you later. But for now" Ace swiftly wraps his hand around Acelin's throat and held her up against a tree by her neck.
"Ace...what are...you doing" Acelin squirmed as she tried to break free from his grip, making it harder for her to breath.
"Who are you" Ace asked.
"ACE WHAT ARE YOU DOING" king yelled.
"Shut up" Ace ordered. "I can't believe I've been so blind"
"Ace. Its me...Acelin"
"Lies. This entire time. You've been lying to me. You aren't a Reptilia. You might have been born one. But whatever the hell you are now definitely isn't Reptilia"
"I promise. Everything I've told you has been true"
"I CAN READ YOUR MIND. SEARCH YOUR MEMORIES. EITHER EXPLAIN YOURSELF OR I WILL KI-"
"WHAT'S GOING ON HERE" a female voice yelled as the sound of wings flapping echoed.
Ace turns around and becomes surprised by who it was. Bright blue feathery wings floated down. As a slight glimmer of the sunrise shined across her feet.
"If it isn't miss third place" Ace insulted.
"Let the girl go"
"Don't intervene Aero. This was my fault from..the very beginning. I-I lied to Ace ever since...i first met him"
"Make sure the girl gets put in a jail cell" Ace yelled. "And if i find any eavesdropping. I won't hesitate to rip their throat out"
Ace sprouted out his wings. But they looked different. Instead of his natural shiny crystal wings his wings were a dark grey. Almost a black.