Chapter 4 The Tragedy

"What is she doing here?!"Skye asked, her voice coated with anger.
"What are you doing here?!"Acelin responds.

"You're not in this class"
"Well I am now"
"Ace, do you know who she is?"
"No, not really. She's someone I've known for a long time, but we only met like a few days ago"He answered.

"How does that make any sense?" Skye responded with a frustrated tone.
Damion steps forward and tries to make a wall between the two while Acelin moves around the desk next to Ace, trying to get closer to Skye.

"Why don't you explain what's going on, that way I can stop you from going at each others throats" Damion confronted.
"She tripped me during the exam in Gym class. It's because of her that I have a failing grade in my favorite subject"Skye continued.

"It was an Accident" Acelin screamed.
A clapping sound originates from the front of the classroom breaking up the argument.
"Everyone take your seats, class is about to begin" The teacher announced as he walked to his desk.

Everyone scrambled to get to there seats as fast as they could.
"Today is the last day to work on your projects, tomorrow will be the presentation day. And Acelin will be joining Ace, Skye and Damion"
"WHAT?!, sir we don't want her here"Skye replied quickly.
Well, Ace thought.

"Well you're the only group that doesn't have four people so it only makes sense"
Skye exhales loudly and slams her head on the desk.

There four desk were pushed together with Damion and Skye on one side, Ace and Acelin on the other.
Acelin grabs Ace's hand under the table. And her voice echoed through his head. Do something or i will rip her hair out faster than she can say sorry.

Ace looked over at Acelin and noticed her eyes were still focused on Skye.
He places his hand on top of her brown hair, and rocks her head back and forth. She looked over at him and her eyes started to widen.  

The whiteness of her eyes started to surround her pupils and her face grew a light pink. She looked into his eyes and was met with compassion and happiness.

Even though he knew how upset she was. He still looked at her with a smile that told her not to worry. But little did she know that his emotions were fighting a War, and the positive side of his personality was dying quick. And the Death of his Father didn't help at all.

Even though it happened 3 years ago, It still felt like he got the phone call yesterday. His Dad died in a car accident, and the person at the wheel made it out unscathed. And no matter how much he tried to dismiss it, He honestly wished it was the person at the wheel that died instead of his father.

The lunch bell rang and kids crammed in to the hallway. Ace waited a few minutes for the crowd to disperse before entering. He was quickly followed by his 3 friends, Acelin so close beside him that they were basically touching shoulders.

He turned around trying to change the awkwardness that surrounded them, noticing Skye still glaring at Acelin.
"Can you stop trying to create drama?" Ace accused, aiming his opinion at Skye.
"Excuse me"She responds with her eyebrows arched.

Acelin and Damion stop and start to pay attention. "You repeatedly try to paint Acelin as the bad guy when she has already apologised. If you claim that gym is your favorite class, it shouldn't be that hard to get your grade back to where it was"

The air filled with silence as Damion and Acelin stared at Ace for a few moments,  their mouths wide with shock. "I could ignore it, in the beginning. But now its just annoying"

She too stares at Ace intensely for a few seconds before scoffing and shoving him out of the way. Marching down the hallway.
"I'm sorry"Damion apologised, he passed Ace and Acelin. Jogging after Skye.