■ First meeting

"You look so pretty! You should dress up more often," Alice gushed, straightening the hem of the dress .

And I did. I mean, Alice was my twin sister and she was definitely not bad looking. So, it was like looking at a more polished version of myself. I dressed up occasionally too when I did go to gatherings or went shopping. Its just that sometimes I felt dressing up took a lot of efforts and care, despite feeling confident. And boy, was I a lazy girl when it came to certain things.

I had worn brown contacts now as Alice did. She didn't like us having the same eye color even though she hadn't said it directly but she needed something to make her 'stand apart'. And apparently, clothes weren't enough. She gave me the fake beauty spot and her clothes.

And Voila! You have another Alice Marshall. As if one wasn't enough. I was good to go.

The clothes were killing me. The air was almost escaping out of my lungs and I was caked with makeup. I could do it for few days in a year, not everyday. It was pure torture. I was too lazy to even shave my legs every month and that's saying something. I realized I probably should start go for jogging again. The pounds were acting up. Too much pizza had taken its toll.

But deep down I was a bit happy as I got to spend time with my sister. No matter how much she annoyed me or ignored me, I loved her.

It could be a biological thing, though.

"I don't think its going to work..." I said, seeing myself, "I can literally see the extra fat at the hips. Jesus, few more pounds and they will attain the tyres status."

"Please, you look good. You look exactly like me. Just one thing. Speak with a bit of arrogance and confidence. Don't be shy or under confident. You are Alice now, not Allison. Be proud and own it," She said, giving the finishing touches.

"Okay, you are good to go. Kick his ass and make sure he doesn't bother you... I mean, me anymore. If he does again, he is your responsibilty," She said as a matter of fact.

"What? No way! If he is calling you... its your problem, not mine," I said hurriedly.

"He doesn't have my number," She sang.

I could always give him your number, I sang in my thoughts.

"How will I recognise him?" I asked, grabbing the small flimsy purse that was basically just few dollars and air.

"He fawns over me. He himself will come running to you. And believe me, he is hot. Once you meet him, you can't forget him. I can. But not you, Alli. He is exactly your type. Hot and sweet, yet a one-girl guy. Now go. I gotta get ready," She said.

I got up all ready to go. Time to start the façade.

《》《》

This was so wrong. I mean, I was playing with this guy's feelings. I didn't know him but this was wrong. He would never even know that the real girl didn't meet up with him.

The poor guy didn't even know about the change up. He just wanted a date. And now instead of the girl, he got stuck with his sister. I felt really bad for him.

I would just speak to him and tell him not to contact again. Yeah, that's it. Then there would be no question of him getting hurt. Simple. The less personal talks, the higher chances of escaping faster.

I stood in front of the café, breathing heavily and tugging continously at the dress. I prayed to God he would be so annoying, that I could snap at him immediately and just get done with everything.

Yet, this entire drama didn't feel right. My gut feeling was screaming wrong again and again. I shouldn't involve myself in a mess which wasn't mine to begin with in the first place. But Alice was my sister. If I don't do it for her, am I even a supportive one? I didn't try harder few years back so I should now. I wasn't even doing anything illegal, for heaven's sake.