■ Talks and shocks

One hour later

"There isn't a rule that we have to hang out the whole day, right? We could have taken the day off and hung out some other day," I said as Jared started his bike. I had to again wear those tight dresses because once didn't seem enough. I dropped the beauty spot charade but still wore the contacts.

Alice Marshall liked wearing brown contacts.

"No. I promised you that we will hang out the entire day. We have till 8:00 before your curfew ends. I know a place. We could go there," He said firmly, "I think we can go there."

"Alright," I got up, wrapping my arms around his waist before he could say anything, though I didn't miss the small smile that sprung on his face.

Throughout the ride we kept quiet. After few minutes Jared stopped his vehicle in front of the woods. I wouldn't exactly call it woods but it was a bit away from the downtown and more towards the hills and all wild which made me shiver from all the horror movies I had watched since childhood.

"Come on. We need to walk a bit," He said, getting down.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked curiously. I wasn't a big fan of the woods. All I could think of were bugs and slimy creatures and poisonous plants, "I am not too sure if I want to go here, Jared."

"Sshhh. Don't speak. Come," He held my hand and I put my hand in his without a second thought. He entwined our fingers and started tugging me inside the hedges.

Thud. Thud. Thud. Hear that? That's my heart skipping. It goes like 'Jared, Jared, Jared'.

Alice was right. So was Naomi. I was whipped for him.

"Jared. It's getting dark already. Where is it?" I asked, ignoring the beating of my heart.

Well, he ignored me.

"Are you trying to kidnap and take advantage of me?" I asked as he made his way through the trees confidently.

"Trust me, I don't need to get a kidnap a girl or force her to like me. I have had my share of proposals," Jared snickered, "Have some faith in me, darling."

Darling. He just called me darling. Oh dear. A pink tinge was forming on my cheeks and my face was heating up. I didn't care he had proposals, of course he did but I was the one he was spending time with, not them. So, who's the winner here, huh?

We walked for five more minutes before we stopped near a ridge. It was a small hilltop with ragged edges and a plain area on a top of some rock slabs. Trees usually surrounded everywhere, however, the plain stone slab had a clearing showing what, I didn't know.

Jared smiled at me excitedly before standing on a stone slab and climbing up a rock expertly. He brushed off the dirt after getting up and stared at the clearing, his grin hurting his face probably before he turned again and extended his hand.

"Here, climb."

"This is weird," I muttered but obliged. He gave a helping hand and pulled me up. There was enough space for three people as I stood up and dusted my jeans.

"Okay, now what-"

"Keep shut and turn towards your right," Jared said, pointing.

I turned and- Holy shit...

The entire city of New York could be seen. It was sparkling like diamonds on black canvas. This place overlooked the whole city and the black sky had met the city giving the horizon and finally the surroundings a mystique feeling. Not a sound of the city could be heard except the chirping of crickets and grasshoppers maybe. The sky was filled with stars and the moon was veiled behind clouds and I just fell in love with this place at first sight.