■ Date II

"Nope. I am not doing it," I shook my head vigorously, stepping back few steps.

"Why not? Come on. It will be fun. Its quite interesting. Everyone is doing it, so why can't you?" Jared pouted, looking adorable.

Control, Alli. He doesn't realize what he is doing. Or maybe he does and he's trying to speak his way out.

"Because I am not as cool as everyone," I said firmly.

"I get what you are saying," His face softened, "But do it for my sake. Please, please."

"No no no. I am not ice skating. I do not want to break my bones," I said firmly. The last thing I would want is breaking my bones and staying home. My parents would kill me later.

Yes, he had brought me to an ice skating rink.

"You know Alice, you need to loosen up a bit. For a popular girl, you sure do act as an uptight person," He pointed out, wearing his own skates.

Its because I am one, Einstein.

"I don't care. Judge me all you want. I am not doing it," I hesitated a bit this time.

"Come on. I will hold you if you lose balance. I won't let you fall," He said, intently staring at me, his eyes shining with sincerety.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Because I can ice skate," He said, smirking like he was the most renowned ice skater.

"You come here regularly?"

"No. I used to play ice hockey before. So, I have a bit of a practice. Now, its mainly basketball or soccer," He shrugged it off.

"Really? Wow. That's so cool," I smiled.

Here was Jared, a perfect example of an athlete and then there was me, a slob. Not only did I not play any sports but I also detested the gym. No wonder I had extra fat than my sister. Cheerleading kept her fit and pizza kept me happy. It wasn't healthy though, I mentally sighed. I should exercise more often.

"I know. Now, please wear the skates," He got up, brushing his pants.

Jared stood there while I wore it, taking my own sweet time. The more time I took, the lesser amount of time I was spending on the rink.

I stood up wobbling and made my way to the rink, grabbing the railing and not falling yet. Some were skating smoothly while some wobbled or fell. Everyone seemed to be having fun and looked happy.

Jared held my hand and we stepped on the ice slowly.

Tingles were running through my hand as his warm hand enveloped my cold ones. Ignoring it, I tried listening to what he was saying.

"So, now listen carefully. Left foot forward. Slowly push bending a bit," He instructed, not leaving my hand.

I followed his instructions and moved a bit. I then put my right foot forward and moved the same way. I was slowly moving now. Very slowly and I wasn't even falling.

"See? You are ice skating, Alice," Jared grinned, gliding smoothly himself.

"What?" I turned sharply and was about to slip when he grabbed my waist and straightened me.

"Don't turn suddenly. You will end up fracturing your bones and then I am never going to hear the end of it," He admonished.

This was not helping at all. Jared Grey's hands were around my waist. To hell with ice skating. They could rot for all I care.