■ Messaging I

It was 11:00 pm. I was almost dozing off. The book kept falling and hitting me on the head. I gave a big yawn. I was really tired today. It seemed so long since I had my dinner and I was again feeling hungry.

Alice and I were again back to normal on barely talking terms and this is how I preferred. I didn't like fighting with her, to be honest. She told me she would order me a pizza tomorrow. That was all it took to melt the ice between us.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed just as I was about to turn the light off and roll off to sleep. Weird. Who was messaging me at this hour?

Ladies and gentlemen, no prizes for guessing the winner.

Jared: Hey! Jared here!

I paused, wondering whether I should reply or leave him at seen. I hated doing it usually and gave an answer, whether it was late or early. Who am I kidding? Of course I was going to reply.

Me: Hey.

Jared: Watcha doin'?

Me: Nothing. Will go to sleep now.

Jared: Oh. By the way, I send you a friend request. Accept it.

Uh oh.

"Alice!" I shouted. Alice wasn't asleep yet. I knew it. She never went to sleep before midnight.
I ran to her bedroom. She was listening to music as I barged in.

"Alice," I took off her earphones.

"Alli! Are you mad? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be asleep by now?" She looked pissed.

"It's urgent."

"What is it?"

"Problem. Jared sent me... I mean you, a friend request. He is asking you to accept it."

Her eyes widened as she opened the other earphone and kept it on the bed.

"Shit. That's bad news," She started biting her nails, an old habit of hers whenever she was nervous.

"I know. What should do we now?" I asked, panicked.

Another message popped up from Jared.

"Hey, you there?"

"I have a really bad idea," Alice said, looking unsure.

"What?"

"Give me your phone," She snatched my phone and started typing.

"What are you typing?" I asked curiously.

My jaw dropped on seeing her reply.

"Hey Jared, send the request to my sister's account because I operate from there. Allison uses my account. You must be wondering why... because I don't think others will like to see you as my friend considering you are from my enemy school. She won't mind though."

"Are you crazy? What kind of stupid reply is that?" I shouted, snatching my phone away.

"I couldn't think of anything else. And I wasn't gonna uninstall my account. Now go. Scoot off," She plugged her earphones, looking completely normal again.

I went back to my room cursing. I couldn't believe I was her twin. This was so stupid of her. This was one of the most idiotic things she had ever written.

Jared had messaged again.

Jared: Okay... that's kinda weird and sad, honestly.