■ Mishaps and romance

"All the best for your date," Alice teased as I got ready. She was lying on my bed and playing with the ends of her hair.

I realized one thing few days back. Since our façade had started, the only positive outcome of this thing had been that somehow Alice and I had grown closer. We talked more frequently and chatted about what was actually happening in our lives. It was a sudden but nice change.

And of course, Jared. Jared... Jared... the name was there in my mind all the time.

"Its not a date. Can't a boy and girl hang out without being tagged as a couple?" I wore the contacts carefully.

"They can but not if they share a great chemistry. The sexual tension between you guys is so inevitable," She said, fanning herself.

Sexual tension, seriously? All he did was flirt and smile while I always escaped or burnt out his enthusiasm. The only tension I had was not letting Jared find out about me.

I sighed, "Are you done?"

"Yup. Bye," She sang and went out.

Just as I finished giving the fake beauty spot Jared texted me that he had arrived. I took my bag and went down, a smile already etching on my face.

"How are you?" He asked grinning.

"Fresh as a daisy. All sickness gone," I replied.

"You know we should hang out more often. Bonding time for us. I actually get to discover new places and stuff to do which I can't do with the guys," Jared said as I got up on the bike.

"Yeah? What special do we do which you can't do with the guys?" I rolled my eyes.

"Holding them while ice skating is one," He winked, "Okay. We are going to the amusement park today because I love it. Then, we choose a place where you would like to go. Sounds good?" He asked as he sped away.

"I love amusement parks. Specially, the roller coaster," I said, "I love it already."

"Aren't girls terrified of it?" He asked.

"You seem to have a lot of false theories about girls. Not all girls are same," I scoffed, "I need to rectify them."

"Yup. They aren't, I can see it clearly now. You can rectify as much as you want."

《》《》

"No but seriously I thought you were gonna hold my hand when we went down like shoo," Jared did a weird motion with his hand and his mouth formed an 'O'.

"You would really like that, wouldn't you?" I asked, munching on candy.

"Of course. I would feel honoured to have you hold my hand," He placed a hand over his heart.

"So, what rides are left?" I asked, ignoring the last part. Don't think too much, Alli. Let it flow with its course.

"Ferris wheel. We are done with the rest," Jared stated.

I can't believe we had already spent two and a half hours here. I guess when I was with Jared, I didn't notice the time. Well, he was like that.

It was hell lot of fun. I had never hung out with Naomi here except family. Plus, till now we didn't have one awkward moment. We enjoyed thoroughly with his usual flirting and my usual uptightness.

But hanging out with family and friends was totally different.

Jared continously passed his expert comments to which I would crack up and earn looks from others. At one point, he said he would want to ride the merry go round and I vehemently opposed it as the age limit was till ten years.