■ Engagement day

Engagement day. A step closer to tell Jared. Just wait for a couple of days and I would tell him everything truthfully.

Alice had taken a lot of time to dress me up so that Jared won't leave me alone. She had used everything she could to make me stand out among a crowd of people, so that people would confuse who was the actual bride.

Silly. When Hailey would be there, nobody would even bother to look at me and it wasn't a complaint.

"Ah, come in darling. You look so beautiful," Rosa welcomed me in as I arrived.

"Thanks Mrs. Grey, the decorations are lovely. Where is Hailey?" I smiled.

"She is over there," She pointed.

I walked over to her. She had worn a silver gown while Mark had a black neat suit. I told you, they looked like a dream couple.

"Hi, Alice! You look so gorgeous!" Hailey squealed and kissed my cheeks, "Thank god you came, some of these relatives are so annoying. They have already criticised me that I have gained weight," She whispered in my ears as we hugged, "Do you think I have?"

"No. No. God no. You look gorgeous. I am jealous," I grinned, "You look dashing too, Mark. Here is a small gift to you and Mark from our family. I am sorry the others could not come. Some urgent commitments," I said, apologising on behalf of them.

"That's unfortunate. But thank you so much. Make sure to eat well," Mark said as Hailey took the gift.

"Can you tell me where is Jared?" I asked, looking around for him.

She gave a sly smile, "Over there with the guests."

Jared was again dressed up in a deep blue suit and looked quite uninterested in whatever his guest was saying. He was nodding occasionally as his eyes flickered around.

"Oh, thanks. You both enjoy. Excuse me," I walked over to Jared when a figure blocked my path.

Trevor.

"Hey, Allison."

"Oh hi Trevor," I blinked, "Um...good to see you."

"Yeah these few months have been torture. You good?" He asked. I nodded.

"Where is...uh... Alice? You look beautiful, by the way," He scratched his neck awkwardly, adding the last part, "For a moment, I thought you were Alice. Then I remembered all the swapping places," He mumbled.

"Thanks. You look good too, Trevor and about Alice, I am sorry. She couldn't come," I gave him a sympathetic look.

"Couldn't come or didn't wanna come?" He asked, giving a brief hasty chuckle.

He knew her too well.

I kept quiet.

He understood, "Damn. I wish I could show her how sorry I am. I am trying, but she is avoiding me like anything. We haven't been alone together since I came for the wedding," He muttered dejectedly.

"She will come to the wedding," I said.

"She will?" Hope flickered in his eyes, "You sure?"

"Yup. I will make her come. She doesn't hate you, Trevor. She is just messed up and I am sure she will understand you when the time comes," I said, "It's been few months you guys are talking but please, all I ask is you to be patient. Impatience will drive her farther away. "

"Thanks a lot, Alli. You are a great girl. Jared is lucky to have you," He smiled, "He is already wanting to run away from here and the only person's name he keeps on chanting is yours. Its kind of annoying though."

"It is, I guess," I couldn't complain as I was doing the exact thing nowadays. Just in my mind, not to everyone.

"I mean, you are Allison. Its the correct one, not Alice. He should like you the way you are, not as a doppleganger of Alice," He said.

"He does."

"Anyway, I am speaking a lot of rubbish. I will go now. Enjoy," He said and gave a slight nod of his head.

I smiled back as he excused himself. I walked over to Jared and tapped his shoulder. He turned and instantly I saw his face lit up.

"Hey! You are here! And again, how come you manage to look more beautiful with each and every occasion? I am running out of words now," He laughed out loudly, hugging me tightly. He was so warm and soft and I wanted to stay there forever. His hugs were contagious too, my god.

I was so deep in.

"You don't look too bad yourself. Deep blue totally suits you," I said, returning his hug back.

"Thanks. Come on, the ring ceremony will start," He grabbed my hand and walked, pulling me with him.

《》《》

"Wow. You guys are officially engaged. Can't believe it," Jared hugged his sister as Hailey cried a bit.

"Congratulations, guys. I am so happy for you both," I hugged both of them.

"I am engaged," Hailey gave a sob, "This is insane. I couldn't see myself getting engaged few years back," She wiped the edge of her eye.

"And yet, here you are, love. Now let's dance, shall we?" Mark said softly and led her to the dance floor.

"Wonderful tonight" by Eric Clapton started playing.

"Its Hailey's favourite song," Jared commented, "I have to dance with some of my aunts now. Geez."

I nodded, "Go on. I am just gonna come back in few seconds," I was feeling hungry, so I went over and started eating snacks from the plates arranged neatly. I had skipped breakfast today as I slept in. My stomach was on fire. As I started gorging down, I felt the fire dying and relief spreading through me. As I was almost done, I saw Jared coming over.

"Done with everyone. Come on, I realized I didn't dance with you," Jared said, as I wiped my hands.

"I can dance but I warn you that I suck at dancing," I said, swallowing the food and downing a glass of water.

"And I am very good at it. Together we match," He grinned.

Jared led me to the dance floor and placed his hands on my waist while I rested them on his shoulders.

"So, what did you wanna say that day?" Jared asked, "You looked kind of tensed."

"I will tell you after the wedding. Its kinda big. So, lets enjoy for the moment," I shook my head as he gave us a twirl.

"Even though I hate surprises, I can wait because I bet my confession is bigger than yours," He grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.

He was sweating now, even though he was grinning. He was nervous, I could make out underneath all the laughing and smiling.

"What is it?" I asked.

********

Author's note:-

Its gonna get a bit dramatic that will make you cringe, so a bit of a warning.