■ Mess

Jared halted his bike in front of my house and I got down swiftly. The bike ride had been a little awkward with my arms around his torso. It was nice but weird. When you tend to avoid the opposite gender throughout your life, sudden close association with one is a bit weird. I wouldn't term it as uncomfortable because I wasn't, frankly. It was foreign.

"Thanks. It was nice. I enjoyed today," I said truthfully. I had enjoyed. Just not as me, that's the bad part.

"No probs, madame," He smiled, opening the helmet and giving another one of his cute smiles.

I guess I was going to be a fan of those. He had those rare contagious, genuine smiles. It could seriously lit up a room and remove all darkness and here I was, much more cynical and gutted because I just pulled the biggest lie I could've.

"Okay bye," I said, handing the helmet back. No more meeting him anymore. Not good for the heart.

As I was about to turn, he held my wrist. I turned and found him leaning towards me.

Was he going to kiss me? My eyes widened and if they widened further, they would pop out of my sockets. But it's too soon. I didn't even know him properly yet.

How dare he!

"You wear contacts?" He asked, examining my eyes.

Oh. Thank god.

"Um... yeah, yes," I muttered, stepping back a foot.

"You thought I was gonna kiss you?" He grinned widely, leaning forward to rest his hands on the handles.

"Keep dreaming," I rolled my eyes. 

"I will. Anyway, what color are your eyes then?" He asked.

Dark greenish, that was Alice's eyes color.

"S-sea green," I said mine.

Another face palm. Again and again. This whole Hate-Jared mission was going anywhere.

"Your eyes must be beautiful then. Have you ever worn glasses?" He asked.

"I do...did. Allison wears it. That's why I don't... because I wanna look different than her," I said, trying to explain, "Helps in differentiating us."

"It shouldn't make you feel bad. I get it that it might become quite irritating sometimes to have a twin where people can't seem to distinguish-"

Oh boy, you have no idea.

"-but what's the point in hiding your true features? Its not as if your real eye color is gonna change if you wear contacts or you guys are gonna stop looking similar. Unless you get some surgery but that's rare."

Mm, I wonder what it would be like to kiss him. Was he a gentle kisser or a rough one? I should stop focusing on his smile and just hear what he was saying. I mean, I was never this eager before. What is wrong with me?

"Anyway, I had a good time too. See you again," He smiled, giving a wink.

"Again?" I said, weakly smiling.

"Yes, that's what friends do. Meet up," He said as a matter of fact, "I told you before, Alice. If I weren't interested, I wouldn't have pestered you so much in the first place. I'll be honest, I cannot switch off my crush instantly but I am willing to be a good friend."

Oh perfect... told ya. Just what Alice wanted. Man, she did have a way of attracting people, not going to lie. She was a people's magnet and an introvert's biggest nightmare.

"I will be texting you. I hope that's not a problem," He said.

"No," I said quickly and blushed, rolling my lips in.