[2]

_________________________________

It was now the next morning and April, Sage and Glenn were on top of an old looking car, eating some rice and beans for their breakfast which April had cooked  for them all.

April and Sage were currently laughing at Glenn who was upset that Dale was stripping down the car he brought in for some spare parts, even thought it wasn't his car.

"Glenn, I don't think that's the worst of your problems." Sage told him, as she nudged April's shoulder. April looked at her with a wide grin.

"What do you mean?" Glenn asked as he got off the car and looked at the two smirking girls.

"I told my dad that we slept in a tent last night." April told her friend, who's expression immediately dropped to a look of worry when she told him this.

Right on cue, Rick walked up to the trio and put his hands on Glenn's shoulders, hearing everything the girls had just said.

Glenn jumped and looked up at April's father, his expression telling everyone that he was scared shitless right now.

"Yeah, I think you and I need a little conversation." Rick told Glenn. Glenn gulped as he looked at Rick with wide eyes and then looked at the girls fearfully who just shrugged their shoulders in reply.

"Mr-um Mr Grimes, I-we, I mean we didn't do anything! I can assure you we're just friends. We stayed up all night playing uno and-" Glenn starts to ramble but gets cut off by Rick laughing at him, the girls joining in too.

"Don't worry kid, I was only joking. I know you didn't do anything. And call me Rick. Mr Grimes makes me sound old." Rick replied to the stuttering boy before leaving them all.

Glenn sighed in relief when he said this but turned to the girls and directed a harsh glare towards them, especially to April who were both hysterically laughing now.

Glenn was about to tell them to playfully shut up but doesn't get a chance too as they suddenly all hear Carl shouting for April and his mom.

April instantly shoots up from where she was sitting and runs of to the direction where she heard Carl and Sophia start to scream again, her dad and everyone else following behind her.

As soon as April nears Carl and Sophia she sees that Axel was with them, his arm outstretched to protect the two kids from any danger.

April runs over to them and envelopes Carl into a hug, checking if he had any bites or injuries, Sage doing the same with Sophia.

By then all the adults had rushed over and April let go of her brother so her mom could check him over, making sure he was fine.

April then started to run deeper into the woods, following her dad and the others until they came across a walker that was currently on the ground eating the remainder of a dead deer.