[11]

_________________________________

"DAD!"

Was the first thing Axel shouted when he had picked up April's bloodied form off the ground. After April was shot, Axel had to pry the girl off from Rick since he was to distraught to carry her.

Axel knew that April was in better hands with himself since he was a lot faster at running, and much more stronger than Rick at the moment, and the father seemed to sense this as well.

Axel knew he was a lot more emotionally capable since he didn't let the emotions get the better of him as he knew he needed to be strong for April. He needed to be strong for her. He couldn't bear to loose the girl he had grown closer to. The girl he was falling for. He needed her. And she needed him. She needed him to be strong, so that's what he was going to do.

Pushing past his emotions, Axel took off running through the forest to the open field that had led to the farm. Rick and Shane following closely behind. Rick carrying Carl whilst the boy was crying in distraught from seeing his sister unconscious.

Soon Axel had reached a short stubbly man he knew as Otis. A man who had been friends with the Greene family for years now.

"Is my dad here?" Axel questioned out to the man. He had figured that he was the one who had shot April since he had a rifle in his hand.

"Axel?" Otis replied back in shock. The man couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the boy he had known for years run out with a bleeding girl attached to him.

"Is my dad here?!" Axel questioned out again, angrily this time. The man had already shot the girl. Axel needed him to be helpful this time, so there wasn't any time for pleasantries.

"Oh god. Axel I'm so sorry." Otis cried out, knowing he was the reason for the now wounded girl.

"For fucks sake." Axel snapped at the trembling man. His arms were killing him from the weight of April's body however April was surprisingly light.

But the blood that had now consumed all down her torso and now Axels, had made the girl a lot heavier.

"Yes. Yes. He's in the house." Otis quickly told him, recovering from his shock. And with that, Axel took off running again into the direction of the house. It had took every ounce of energy out of him. But he didn't care. April needed immediate attention and he knew that his dad was their only hope.

"DAD!" Axel shouted again, hoping the man would come out to hear him. Axel knew he was running out of time with each second that had passed so he ran even faster. He couldn't bear the thought of looking at April's face in fear of breaking down so he held her close to his chest whilst he continued to carry her in his arms.