[7]

_________________________________

The doors had open up, the light blinding the group as they did. Someone had answered their calls. Someone had helped them.

April smiled up at Axel, there had to be people that would help them, she had thought. Axel gave the girl a small smile in return, not wanting to diminish her hope. Axel was on full alert right now since there could be a slight possibility that they were walking into a trap.

The group began to walk into the building, April's hand still interlocked with Axels as they began to venture deeper into the place.

The building was completely empty when they walked in. Axel, her dad and some others drew up their guns just incase something happened.

As soon as the group got closer to the entrance a man with a gun suddenly appears startling the group. Rick quickly points his gun at his direction whilst Axel does the same, pushing April behind him whilst he did.

"Anybody infected?" The guy with the gun asks the group as he looked at all of them suspiciously. April looked at him nervously whilst she gripped the back of Axels shirt in slight fear. He's wasn't going to shoot? Was he? April had thought to herself.

"One of us was. He didn't make it." Rick answered the man's question, his gun still drawn up slightly.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" The man questioned the group.

"A chance." Rick replies. This was the only way they were going to survive. And Rick had to make sure that they all did.

"That's asking an awful lot these days." The man had said before Rick told him that he knows.

"You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission." The man told the group to which everyone nodded.

"If you have stuff to bring in you do it now. Once this door closes, it stays closed." The man said before everyone nodded again.

"I'll be back soon. You stay here." Axel tells April before kissing her head. April nods at him before he runs off with the others to get their stuff.

April joins Sage by the door to help the others get their belongings. She gives her a small smile of hope whilst Sage gives her one back.

After everyone had gotten inside the doors had completely shut and everyone started to follow the man that they now learnt was called Dr. Edwin Jenner.