[18]

_________________________________

The next morning had been very busy for the oldest Grimes child. From redressing Daryl's wound from yesterday whilst also redressing her own, the girl could say she was tired at the very least!

Whilst she was finished lecturing Daryl to keep it easy from now on (even though she knew he probably wasn't going to take her advice), the girl began to venture out from Daryl's tent to where her mom was waiting outside for her.

"I'm proud of you April." Lori told her daughter once she finally came out, referring to how April stayed up all night to check on Daryl although she was supposed to be on bed rest.

"For what?" April asks whilst they walked slowly towards the group.

"For helping Daryl and everything else. I know how much being a doctor means to you. And even with the lack of resources, you've managed to step up." Lori tells her.

April smiles before kissing her mother on the cheek. "Thanks mom."

Lori smiles back before she helps April walk to meet with her dad and the others who were up ahead by the field. But whilst they did, Lori had suddenly stopped and put her hand over her mouth.

"Mom?" April asks, concern flashing over her face when it looked like her mother was about to be sick.

When Lori finally snaps out of her mid trance she quickly tells April she's fine before they begin to walk again.

"You sure you're okay?" April asks when she notices that Lori was still looking out of place and dizzy.

"Yeah, just tired." Lori tells her daughter before laughing off her concern, hoping that she would believe her half-lie. But she doesn't convince April since the girl was now giving her a look.

April wanted to question her mother further but decided to leave it for now, knowing that she won't tell her what the problem was.

Leaving April with her dad and the others by the truck, Lori stalked off behind, leaving April even more confused about her mother's bizarre behaviour.

"You alright?" Shane asks the girl when he notices that she had joined them by the truck.

"I'm good thanks." April smiles up at him before her dad pulls her in a quick hug and explains the plan that they put in place to track down Sophia.