[22]

_________________________________

"I need your help." Was all Daryl had told the girl when he had not so subtly woken April up the next morning.

Thinking the man needed medial help, April had followed the man out of the  Greene house but suddenly stopped in her tracks when she noticed they were nearing the barn.

The barn where they were keeping Landon.

"Daryl what the hell is going on?!" April shudders when the man begins to open the doors to the barn. Memories of Sophia walking out there as a walker was still imprinted in April's mind.

"Landon's not giving up anything about his group. I've been trying to beat it out of him all mornin but he's not budging." Daryl explains.

"And why do you think I can help?" April states before grimacing slightly at the mention of Daryl hurting Landon.

At the question, Daryl hastily stops opening the barn before he turns around to look at the girl. "Because he wants you."

And with that statement, April's face suddenly drops and instead gets replaced with a grim look.

"I promise I won't let him hurt you. I'll kill him if he does. But that won't happen because I'll be there with you and he's chained up." Daryl reassures the girl before April nods her head.

"Okay. I'll try but I doubt I'll be any help." April responds before she follows behind the man when he finally opens the doors of the barn.

As soon as the girl steps inside the barn, Daryl goes behind her to shut the door, April immediately feeling tense when she gets closer to a chained up Landon.

At the sound of the doors closing, Landon lifts his half beaten up face before he smiles sickly at the girl standing before him.

"This must be my lucky day." Landon smirks before he spits out some blood that was still caught up in his mouth.

At the sight April couldn't help but nearly throw up at the sight.

"Just save your little comments. You said you wanted April and now she's here. So tell me how many are in your group." Daryl asks before crossing his arms to glare at Landon. 

However at this, Landon suddenly scowls before he gives his own glare to Daryl. "I said I wanted to talk to her...alone."