[20]

Landon (Randall) || Alex Pettyfer

(AN- I'm replacing the character 'Randall' with a new character 'Landon')

_________________________________

April holds Sage whilst the sobbing girl cries against her chest. After the aftermath of the barn incident, April took it upon herself to stay with Sage for the rest of the day. She had no idea where Carol was but when Sage didn't want the girl to leave her side, April promised she wouldn't.

A few moments had passed until the crying girl had finally fell asleep. April felt her heart break when she stared at her friend. April had promised that they would find Sophia. But in reality, the girl was there...in the barn all this time.

Sighing momentarily, April positions herself next to her. The girl promised she wasn't going to leave and she was determined to keep that promise.

It had taken a while, but April eventually fell asleep by Sage, even though the girl had planned to stay awake incase something happened.

It was only when April felt someone shake her shoulders that she sat up in a panic as she was confused on why she fell asleep.

However when noticing it was only Axel who had woken her up, the girl let out a sigh of relief.

But when April turned her head, she found that Sage was sitting right up on the tent, wide awake, however her eyes were bloodshot and the girl wasn't looking at neither April or Axel.

Finally adjusting to the situation, April quickly sits up herself before looking at Axel. "What's going on?"

Sighing, Axel casts a sad look over to Sage before turning to April. "The uh burial is starting now."

At the comment, April widens her eyes before she looks over to Sage in sadness.

"I'm not going." Sage voices out to the pair before she looks down to the floor of the tent.

April sighs at her friend's confession before she looks over to Axel again. "Why don't you go up and I stay with Sage? I know you want to say goodbye to your family."

Nodding his head, Axel quickly squeezes April's hand in comfort before exiting the tent.

Once the two girls were left alone, Sage looks over to April before rolling her eyes. "I'm still not going April, you can't make me."