Chapter 14: No and Good bye

Hey guys! I am so so so soooooooo sorry for not updating sooner! I had a writers block. Anyway, I decided to make it up by posting this chapter early and chapter 15 by Monday!

So please: Comment~Vote~ and  ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I screech. "Malden, you are leader of the Viper Clan?"

Malden smirks, "Of course. Acting like a cocky arrogant rich jerk is just a hobby of mine."

I narrow my eyes as Isaac walks over to him and smirks, "Took you long enough."

My mouth drops further. "What the hell is going!?"

"Watch your tongue missy! You'll never get married like that!" Teases Malden.

Huntress starts taking over again. I snarl, "Explain... now!"

Malden sighs, "Well when I first saw you again, I thought you had become soft in your fighting skill. See when we first met that night," I shiver and he continues, "I knew you would be very valuable when you get older. My two eye colors represent long-time planning, and the ability to pretend to be different personas. I knew your father would be stupid enough to claim you after that night, which made my life and plan easier. When I married you, you would be claimed to me and I could use you anyway I wanted to."

My fists clench.

"When you were younger, I would just use you as a piece of the rebellion puzzle against the six current kingdom rulers, but when I saw you two days ago... Trust me, I wanted to do more to you than just use you for a game piece."

Huntress growls.

"But, then Isaac over here told me you were in Hades Academy and I realized you were even more valuable to our cause. So we made a plan to meet up. Just not now... We were supposed to take you weaponless into our main base camp so that we could test you—but—I think you passed just fine."

"And you agreed with this?" I seethe at Isaac.

Isaac shrugs broad muscular his shoulders, "If Blood Team teams up with the Viper Clan, we would have even more deaths. Plus, they would help us prepare and become greater killers."

Something in me just switches on. My furry explodes then diminishes in less than a second. Some kind of hidden instinct took me and peace settles into my bones. I look at Isaac and Malden and shake my head. I felt sorrowful.

"No. I will not be a part of this." I say calmly. Both men had dark shadows cover their faces.

"What do you mean? You are part of this team, you follow the leader." Isaac says coldly.

"I will not be part of a team that kills to win points!" I shout. I fists uncurl and I sigh sadly. "I'm sorry, but I will not be part of this. I had my share of death and causing death. I cannot kill anyone else!"

Isaac's features go even colder. I would be terrified in something in me wasn't so calm when facing him.

"Is it because you cannot or will not?" Isaac questions.

"I will not." I state.

"Is that your final choice?" Malden inquires. He seems curious more than anything while Isaac looks pissed.

"It is." I say sadly. I pull out a flyer with a picture of my kingdom drawn on. I flick my wrist, the dagger on my bracelet flipping out. I throw it and it flies across the forest area to embed itself into a tree nearby. The dagger had pinned that picture to the tree.

"You know where to find me when you need me. I will not do this. I cannot take any more lives. If you return to start the war, or to combine, or to kill anyone in my kingdom, be warned that I will be there. And I shall be ready for anything." With that, I turn on my heel and jump onto my horses back.

I click my tongue, taking one last look to the group of boys turn, then turn Marleen around and rush back towards the path towards my kingdom.

I feel something hot leak down my face and my hand goes to it. It was tears. I was crying.

Then, I burst into tears. I can't do this anymore!

Huntress tries to soothe me, You are strong Scarlett. You made the right choice. We both know what they were doing was not right...

I hear hoof clatter and I turn Marleen around to see a chestnut horse with the one and only Erin riding towards me on it.

I turn away, afraid he will see my face. "Scarlett! Wait! Wait!"

"He-ya Marleen! He-ya!" I shout to my horse, urging her forward and deeper into the forest.

She was a bigger beast so it took more to get her going. Erin by then caught up. He grabs my horse's reins and stops her.

I turn away, my tear-streaked face hidden from view. Erin gently touches my hand. After seeing that I didn't flinch back, he slipped off his horse and helped me off of mine. Then, he takes me into his warm gentle arms.

That's when I completely break. I hug him tighter and silently cry into his shirt, enjoying the protection and warmth he offered. He quietly pet my head, continuing hugging me and giving me the comfort I so desperately needed.

After some time, my crying died down to sniffling. I pull away and Erin gives a gentle smile, "Come on Scar. Lets go prepare for war, shall we?"

I nod my head, not minding that Erin was to be joining me now.

"Yes—We have to prepare for both the Syros and the Slykrian kingdoms to attack." I stay, back to my emotionless state. I will give into emotions to keep Huntress happy, but I will not let it break me any longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Comments?

Have a great day!