Chapter 28: Death and Life

Hey everyone! IT IS ALMOST THE END!

Being that is almost the end, I shall be updating faster for you amazing readers.

Thank you and ENJOY!

Please vote, comment, and ENJOY <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Point of view: Scarlet

It was truly quite boring being alone in the cave. It was only a week and already I had everything set up and was totally bored.

Though things quickly became interesting when at night my sister collapsed at the entrance of my home.

~~Flashback~~

"Thud!" I heard coming from the outside.

"What could that be?" Asked Huntress.

I pulled out my dagger, clutching it closely, "No idea..." I tell her telepathically.

I walked silently outside and gasped. There before the entrance to my house was my sister, bloody and beaten.

A horse neighed not too far in the distance

I whistled and Rave instantly hopped to his feet. "Get the horse!" I commanded and easily lifted my sister up. Rave was out the huge cave entrance in a blink. I sauntered into my 'home' and laid her down. I had to remain calm.

Once I got the medical materials from the backpack I started to work on her.

**

The 'operation' lasted through the night. My sister had so many scratches, but luckily, most just seemed worse than they actually were. I felt my red eye tingle as I persisted through the night. Rave came in later with the terrified horse hanging from his mouth. Poor horse.

Of course the horse tried to run again but got stuck. So that was another thing I had to attend before I finished with Evangeline. Thankfully, I was able to quickly resume. The whole night was spent helping her. Thus the night ended and I awoke in the morning next to my sister's bed.

"S-Scar?" I heard her hoarse voice call. "SCARLETT!" she cried, and lunged for a hug.

"Uh—." I sat frozen in bafflement. She quickly pulled away, sadly looking away, "I-I-I'm sorry. I just saw everyone get taken and you were a face I never thought I would see again."

"What happened?" I asked her while Huntress added an angry edge to my voice. She still hadn't forgiven Evangeline for that night.

So Evangeline began. She told the whole story. How they traveled there. How Isaac disappeared in the Soul Eater, merging with it. How her journey home threatened and almost took her life several times. And how Isaac's last words were to show his love to me.

That was the most hurtful part. I wanted to say those words to him a long time ago... Now I'd never get the chance.

Next thing I know, she is apologizing for what happened that night that turned me into the Dark Tracker that I am.

"I-I-I'm sorry. Especially since the beginning." She begged.

I stood up, turning away from her in furry. "You made me kill a man and when he did die, you made me take the blame!" I shout.

She looked down, almost to tears. "Yes, I did set you up to make Uncle look like a pedophile. I never realized he actually was one! I never realized that what I was saying to you scared you into killing him when he tried to touch you like that! I never wanted you to become a killer, especially at age 12... I just needed a way to stop loving you."