Chapter 17: Prophecy Assassin

Enjoy this chapter and please vote, comment, and have fun <3

Let me know what you think! Thanks <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three months before the so-called 'Wedding' passed faster than I thought was possible. Everyday, I had a date with one of the two princes. They always had their masks on, like myself, and I never did learn their names. They never knew mine.

Evangeline was a pest at my side while she was drooling over the handsome muscular princes that lived with us. It took me everything not to strangle her every time I saw her. She always brought up that day where my life was ruined thanks to her.

I dressed up as that 'Tracker Male' every night to protect my kingdom. Multiple times I was caught by one of the two princes or their two guards and questioned about 'Lady Scarlett'. I told them the same answer every time.

I never was able to eavesdrop on their 'meetings' again. I never caught them in time.

The Kingdom itself was bustling with stress. Everyone was preparing for the two weddings that were supposed to happen at the same time. Everyone seemed to forget about the Assassin to Death prophecy.

It was one week until the Wedding and I was told that I would be marrying the Vinernia Prince. He apparently took the 'most' liking to me. Guess that first date worked.

I was dreading it. Huntressssss, I don't want to be married! Why am I doing this again?? I complain.

For your people! Remember? Huntress snaps at me, annoyed at my constant complaining. I take a sharp inhale as the corset around my upper body is pulled tighter. "Careful Ellena! I can't breathe in this thing!" I complain to the woman dressing me today. The older woman sighs before snapping at me, "You'll be fine." Well, she defiantly acted like a mother figure.

I shrug my shoulders in agreement before responding to Huntress. Ya. Ya. I guess, I grumble.

Erin bursts into my room as Ellena finishes putting on my mask. "Scarlett! Thank god you haven't left yet!"

I give him a confused look, "Why? Whats going on?"

Erin takes a deep breath before spluttering, "I saw an attack with you in it! It was a small scale, but still! It is to happen in the garden in about 10 minutes, right when you are to meet the Prince of Vinernia!" I frown at the mention of Prince. Did I mention I thought Princes are weak? Ya, these two only strengthened that. That and I realllyyy don't want to marry that cocky Prince.

I wave Erin off, "He wouldn't hurt me. He is to be married to me and he isn't married yet. Killing me wouldn't give him power over the kingdom!"

"What if he doesn't want power? Just chaos?" Erin argues, a stern look on his face. My gaze softens, "Erin—I'll be fine! I promise okay?" I give him a kiss on the cheek and he sighs. I won.

"Alright fine, just take your dagger with you? Please?" He begs. Erin never begs so now I sigh in defeat. He won.

"Fine. I'll take my dagger." I go over to my closet and pull out my favorite dagger from under the clothing. I tuck away where it can easily be grabbed.

I give Erin a quick hug, "There. Now don't fret. I'll be back soon."

He nods his head, "Just keep your senses on high alert."

I nod my head, "Of course." I walk around Erin and outside my room. I wave him good-bye and he waves back.

I slowly start to make my way to the garden, where the Prince of Vinernia, my fiancé to-be, called me out to. Just the word fiancé sends shivers down my spine. Bleh.