Chapter 25: Attack

Please Vote, Comment, and school's almost out! Enjoy <3

I didn't realize that I didn't publish this so sorry for late update!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both our heads instantly flip around, trying to pinpoint the sound. Erin predicted this too.

I see Isaac's purple start to sparkle. He was calculating. A lightbulb flashes into my head. Isaac's purple eye is calculation. His golden one must represent his power of Death! That means my eyes don't have to represent a job or skill...

His deep voice rings in my head as Soul and Huntress connect mentally. "Run on my mark." His voice echoes.

"3...2...—.." He never got to finish his count.

A wolf-like beast attacks. I screech as its long claws snag onto my shoulder's, bringing me down. The beast himself was at least eight feet tall and bulging with muscles. Black saliva dripped from his mouth, staining his pearly white fangs. His eyes were red and his claws long and sharp. He lunges towards my head. My arms shoot up to protect me, ripping the flesh under his claws. My scream echoes in the forest as his snout bites into my arm, barely missing my face. Another scream as his upper leg slams onto my body, his claws digging into my stomach. I lean forward, grabbing his muzzle with my free hand and screaming. With all my might, I start pulling open his muzzle.

A war cry sounds and next thing I know, the creature goes flying into a tree. I feel sturdy hands lift me up, getting stained with my blood. I spit and wipe my bloody mouth. Isaac growls next to me, watching as the beast salters onto his feet. The wolf-like creature roars again, his blood-shot eyes pinned at us.

"Run." Isaac whispers.

I don't hesitate. I flip and run, dashing into the trees. I didn't feel my wounds as I ran. I hear Isaac roar out and hear the whoosh of his Death magic. A whimper follows and a large crash. I don't stop running towards our camp. A second later a figure was running next to me. Isaac.

I knew he'd be fine. "We need to go! Now! This creature has friends that won't wait to make us bleed!" Isaac hisses next to me. Trees whip across my face and arms but I was numb. Huntress was blocking all the pain.

"You killed it. Didn't you?" I panted.

His eyes go dark.

Up ahead I see the orange of a flame and a boost of energy shoots me forward. We burst into the camp ground, sliding to a stop. Instantly everyone stands.

"Saddle up!" I shout and run over to Marleen. In a few seconds, everyone was running around in the speed I was.

"Rope yourselves to your horse with this!" shouts Isaac. He flings into the middle of the camp ground a rope with seven extra ropes tied to it.

I grab Marleen's saddle and hook her up. My hand stain her white coat with red. I grab one of the seven ropes and rush back. Jumping onto the saddle, I start tying myself and my horse together.

Marleen neighs under me, feeling the stress of the group. "Everyone follow me! Stay in a line!" Isaac shouts, pulling to make sure his rope was secured. He clicks his tongue and his horse surges to life under him, trampling forward.

"Hi-ya!" I urge, kicking my horse at her sides. Marleen jumps forward, her trampling of hooves joining the rest of the groups as they all begin to follow Isaac. We were loud, yes, but we were fast. My breath was steady as I lead Marleen behind Isaac, ducking branches and watching out of upcoming creatures. Howls sound behind us and I see Isaac's arms tense. "Hi-ya!" He shouts making Hades go faster.