Chapter 22: Bandits

Please Vote, Comment, and Enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The servant rushes through the hallways on his stubby little feet. What surprised me was how he didn't trip.

Apparently, I was finally getting a room at this castle. It is to be a different room than the room I was supposed to be in but they said it had a better view. I silently follow along, my cloak billowing behind me.

The tall walls and long hallways made me feel at home. I don't think this feeling will last long if I was to go help the Prince of Death get rid of his foe...

Twists and turns and twists and turns. We finally make it to my new room. White double doors with gold designs guarded the entrance to my new home; my new place, my new room.

The servant pushes open one of the doors and I step in. My breath is caught in my throat when I realize where I was put. This is the Queen's Chambers. The Prince of Death, a.k.a Isaac, was in the room right next to mine! Knowing castle builds, this probably meant that he had a door that can be locked from his side but not from mine.

The room itself was gorgeous. A huge bed made for five stood on the left with silk see-through drapes hanging from overhead. In the middle was a soft white circular carpet. A small chair with a little light was in the right back corner. Next to that was the huge dresser and mirror. A desk stood at the front left of the room and in the very back was a door that led to a huge balcony. The servant remains silent as I step deeper into the room. My hand runs across all the smooth furniture as my feet take me to the balcony. I open the door and step outside.

The servant nods and walks out of the Queen's chambers, now my room, closing the door behind him.

The view was amazing. The mountains were seen on the left, the little village out in front, and the huge lake on the right. I take a deep breath and turn back into the room.

"WHAM!" The door slams shut, almost closing in on my cloak. "THUMP! THUMP!" I flip around and notice that two men dropped down with swords in their hands. They were looking around the balcony confusedly. My hand gently reaches over to the lock the balcony door closed. It locks with a quiet hiss.

The two bulky, huge, bald men turn slowly to see me there. Their gazes turn furious. They pound against the glass. They snarl, trying to get to me.

I take a step back, making no noise. Yet, I heard a footstep.

Someone's here. This is a trap! Huntress' alarms go off.

All yours.... I reply to her and feel myself go into the back of my mind. Huntress was in control. I stay frozen, listening to my room. The men were still trying to get to me and it probably meant they were supposed to kill me first. The person in my room right now was a backup...

Huntress' dark laugh echoes from my mouth and into the room, "Come out come out wherever you are... I won't bite... yet."

A shuffle of a human body. I turn, following the sound.

"Whum! Whum!" I flip around to find two huge bulky men jumping from to ceiling to land right behind me in rigid poses. I grin, "Well it's about time."

The first man screams his war cry, charging at me. I slam my foot into his ribcage. He goes flying sideways and the second man charges.

He punches forward and I duck. My ankle hooks around his and I pull up. He trips over my foot and tries to snag my cloak. I jump over his body only to crash into the first man, the bald one.

The bald one laughs darkly as his hands slither under my arms, trapping me.

I knock my head back, colliding it with his. He screams in pain and I duck down, flipping him over me.