Awakening: part 2 x

*WARNING*

My hands begin shaking and I start chewing on the inside of my jaw. 'How do they know who he is?'

Louis' soft expression of disappointment quickly changes to anger. "You're really fucking that psychopath," he says, raising his voice. "Of all people you chose him!?" he asks, his voice rising louder. He looks so hurt and I'm trying to understand why.

"Uhm," Zayn interrupts. Louis and I quickly look in his direction. His eyes widen. "I'm just gonna go ahead out to the car," he says as he rushes toward the door. "Lock the door when you guys are done," he says nervously, leaving Louis and I alone.

Honestly I would giggle at how shy and cute that was but I am currently fearing for my life- not of Louis but of Harry. What's so bad about him for Louis to call him a psycho?

He parts his lips to say something but stops himself. His eyes soften. "Look," he says placing a hand on his hip. He lifts a finger toward me and squints his eyes, as if restraining himself. "I'm not going to sit here and yell at you. You obviously don't process that very well," he says. I'm not sure if I should be offended but I just nod to him. "I'm going to let him talk to you about that, s'none of my business."

I look at him pleadingly. "What is it?"

He ignores me and walks towards the door, but stops by my side. "You'll know- in time, that is." He lifts one of my curls and twirls it around his finger and releases it. He leans down to my ear and whispers to me. "Just ask him for yourself."

He then walks out of the room, without a sound. I'm only left with the haunting silence within the apartment. His words echo in my mind.

'You'll know in time.'

What does he mean 'in time'? I quickly turn and walk out of the apartment building, locking the door behind me like Zayn asked of us.

--------------

After dropping Zayn off on the 4th floor in the hospital we head back out to our appointments for the day. Louis is now smiling and happy as if nothing happened."Louis," I say, breaking the silence.

"Hm," he hums, lifting his eyebrows.

"How do you and Zayn know Harry?" I ask.

Disgust flashes across his features for a millisecond. "Harry," he says as if the name is poison in his mouth. "Zayn and I all went to primary and secondary school together."

"Oh," I mumur, surprised that he knows him that well. My arm accidentally slides accross the button that lets the window down. The window begins to slide down as I part my lips to speak. The cold air hits both Louis and I in the face.

"CLOSE THE WINDOW IT'S FUCKING FREEZING," he yells, slightly shivering.

"IM SORRY," I yell back, laughing but frantically trying to close the window.

"Are you trying to kill me? Bloody hell.." he says.

"I didn't mean to, you know I didn't," I say sternly, but I find myself slightly grinning at the way his body is shaking. He ignores me with a furrowed brow. "Please continue what you were saying-"

"Before being so rudely interrupted? Oh yes of course," he says sarcastically. "Yep, back in England. We were all best pals," he says.

The thing I really want to know is how Zayn knew about Harry and I. "Also, how did Zayn know that Harry and I were.. a thing? That was completely random and unrelated to the situation.." I say trailing off.

"I honestly have no clue. His schizophrenia has to be the oddest case I've seen in my 6 years of practice," he says shrugging his shoulders.

"Why were you so angry about me being-"