Remember to Breathe x

*Warning: Contains content some might find abusive

As we're walking up to the impressively sized building, I'm trying to come up with some excuses as to why I was away from home. It's not like he'll believe me or anything, but at least he'll have a little sympathy for me trying and won't whip the shit out of me when we get home.

I look over at Niall and he's smiling like an idiot.

"Why are you smiling so much?" His charming yet sickening grin grows wider. He knows something. "Niall what is it," I say, my voice lined with desperation. He releases a strained chuckle. 

He's literally stressing me the fuck out. I grab his arm to try and bring him to a halt. "No ma'am," he says and twists his arm out of my grip. "You're going to have to learn about the element of surprise," he says as he straightens his collar and flattens out his coat sleeve. He turns from me and continues walking.

I shiver from anger and the cold weather combined; I'm about a quarter of a millimeter from cussing him out, but I calm down. I know for a fact that Niall probably tells him everything, so I just bite my tongue and do what I do best. "Niiiiaaaallllllllll," I groan as I latch onto his arm. "Pleeeeeaaaase," I beg.

He chuckles and stops, stepping in front of me. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion when his face falls serious as he raises a hand and begins tilting my head side to side, closely inspecting my features with serious blue eyes. "Oh baby," he says quietly, the phrase has a paralyzing effect causing my eye lids to become heavy and eventually close as I melt in his warm touch. I know I sound like a lslut but hear me out- it's like twenty degrees outside and I will take warmth in any form I can possibly get it.

He chuckles softly at my response, knowing exactly how it's making me feel.. "Do you not know what I do in my spare time?" I'm not sure if it's rhetorical or not, but I just leave the question unanswered. I feel his presence inch closer to me, goosebumps rising all over my body as his warm, minty breath fans over my face. "I punish those who deserve it," he says, the last portion of the sentence strained through gritted teeth. "I don't have sympathy for little liars like you."

His warm presence leaves and my eyes shoot open, he's already 5 feet away from me. "Come on, he's waiting for you," he nonchalantly calls out over his shoulder.

I regain my composure and walk behind him at a sluggish pace.

He reaches the door and turns around to see just how far back I am. He squints his eyes at me. "Why are you walking so damn slow?"

Well, I'm actually on my way to get yelled at by my fucking pride and joy at his workplace- so no, I'm not in any sort of rush. But- "It's called floating," I say with a flip of my hair.

He rolls his eyes and says something under his breath. "Could ya float just a little fuckin faster?" His voice is lined with agitation.

I give him a confident smile, regardless of my skin crawling from the anger in his voice. "Baby," I say mockingly. His icy eyes glared into my own, giving me a look that sent chills down my spine. "Niall," I say, quickly correcting myself. "Floating only has one speed, and that speed is carefree, my dear Niall."

He chuckles in a sarcastic type of way. "Carefree huh?" I nod. He completely turns his body to me, cheeks dusted with an angry blush. "You should be anything but carefree right now. Harry is going to ruin you," he says in a calm tone. "Your ass is about to get tore the fuck up, just let that sink in, princess. I'm sick of your shit."

I simply let his words ricochet off of my head and act as if I didn't hear them, proceeding with my float.

His face falls completely serious. "If you don't speed up I'll tell him all about how disrespectful you've been to me," he says in a flat tone.