Chapter 6

Miranda's pov

Dad went to a show so me and Sierra are throwing a Frisbee in the backyard. I glance at the tree house when the Frisbee flies up there. "I'll get it." I say. "No! I'll get it!" She screams, catching me off guard. "Ok.... Are you okay?" "Yeah this was me and mama's treehouse." She mumbles, getting it out. She walks back down. "What happened to your mom?" I ask, catching it. She freezes up and fists her hands. "Nothing leave me alone! She yelps running up the treehouse steps. "Sierra? What's wrong?" "Nothing! Go away!" Well that's confusing. I guess I'll wait til dad comes back.

Jason's pov

*later*

The paparazzi are mobbing me. "How's she adjusting to this new life?" "Alright guys. I gotta get home. I'm not answering any more questions." I shout, frustratedly trying to get to my truck. Finally I make it. I drive back home. Miranda's reading a book on the couch. "Where's Sierra?" "She won't come out of the treehouse! I don't know what to do!" Oh crud. "Lemme guess something was mentioned about her mom?" She nods. We'll just have to let her be til she comes back out. "What happened to her mom?" I sit beside her tiredly on the couch. She puts her book away. "Oh I just realized you're talkin' to me." She laughs. "Of course I'm talkin' to you." I smile and close my eyes. "I'm tired hun. We'll talk later about it when Sierra is gone to girl scouts." Just then the back door slams, meaning she's come inside. "Daddy?" "Over here, baby girl." She's been crying like before. I pull her into my lap where she falls asleep about ten minutes later. I take her to her bed and when I come back out, Miranda's not in the living room. She probably went to bed too.

Miranda's pov

I wonder what it was. I shrug it off and crawl under the blankets.

*in her dream*

I walk into the treehouse and come upon a graveyard! I scream and fall backward. I land in someone's arms. I look up. Dad! "It's a graveyard!" I cry, shocked. He stares at it intensely. "Course it is. She's dead. That's why." "Who's dead? What's going on?" "Grown up stuff. Don't go in the treehouse. I don't even go up there. Just Sierra." I'm totally freaked.

*she wakes up*

I wake up drenched in sweat. I look out my window, at the treehouse. Is it..... Haunted?